Todays radio question: 07/18/05

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Yup!! 20 years of ballet did that - can still put my elbows on the floor with legs straight (although that one isn't as easy as it used to be!!)
hmm... i am trying to imagine that, and it is not pretty...ouch!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! You do have to have your legs apart about 2 feet - otherwise it's pretty physically impossible! It was a stretch we used to do in ballet, though, and was very satisfying. We also used to have to do the splits up against a wall, which was bizarrely difficult when trying to balance!! I loved ballet passionately but my feet and body are a wreck now because of it...

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lol! You do have to have your legs apart about 2 feet - otherwise it's pretty physically impossible! It was a stretch we used to do in ballet, though, and was very satisfying. We also used to have to do the splits up against a wall, which was bizarrely difficult when trying to balance!! I loved ballet passionately but my feet and body are a wreck now because of it...
oh, duh, separated feet... i was thinking you did it with your feet together... i was also thinking you must not have very many bones if that is how you were doing it... i can see the elbow thing... i am gunna try....

ahh, i got about another 2 inches to go.... i started tipping over, i had to stand back up

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

oh, duh, separated feet... i was thinking you did it with your feet together... i was also thinking you must not have very many bones if that is how you were doing it... i can see the elbow thing... i am gunna try....

ahh, i got about another 2 inches to go.... i started tipping over, i had to stand back up
Lol!! Be careful! We don't want any broken noses here...

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hear ya on that. I did all kinds of dance most of my life and my knees are paying the price now. Jump splits and high kicks through high school really messed me up!!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yes i can
And my mum used to be able to put the palms of her hands on the floor and walk without bending her knees
The real question for you is..... but can you walk a straight line without putting your hands on the floor or to your toes?
Can you touch your finger to your nose?

I'm sorry but Susie started it and I cannot help myself

sadisticookie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can put my palms on the floor easily but I'm pretty short so it's nature's way of letting me cheat