Todays radio question: 01/18/05

lilysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once in a while. I'm pretty good when I park in huge lots or garages at remembering the number or letter or whatever, but sometimes I don't think about it at places like Target or work, and wander aimlessly for a minute or two!

jazzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Well not me personally seeing as I don't drive a car but people I have been with have, especially at big shopping malls and theme parks.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually I figure out where it is pretty quickly if I've forgotten. I'm actually kind of paranoid that I will forget where I parked it, so I always make a big deal out of memorizing the entrance I use to go into the mall. Generally it's some kind of stupid mnemonic, but it works!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of the time!!
I even bought a silver aerial to help me find it! Still doesn't seem to help though!!

I do try to remember the number of the row and floor, but I tend to pay more attention to locking the car - then I forget to check or check then forget!!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time I was visiting my now sister in laws family in DC for her bridal shower and me and bf decided to go to the city the morning of the shower because we had never been there before. We parked in one of those underground lots that are on every corner.. Well, we walked around and saw some sites but I wanted to leave with well over enough time to get ready for the shower because things have a habit of happening. WELL. We couldn't remember what street we parked on so we walked around the city for 2 and a half hours going into different garages. I ended up crying my eyes out sitting on a sidewalk bench. I was half an hour late for the shower, and this is without freshening up (and it was august) and it was awful

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that more times then I care to count.
I can do that if I just run in and out of a store. It's horrible, and then if I can't find it then I start to panic, so I generally don't go to the store alone.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate to admit I also have done this. I had my new car for just over 1 week and went to our local mall. I entered through one of the stores and when I left I couldn't find my car. I called my husband and told him someone stole my car and he would have to come pick me up. One of the salesladies suggested I may have entered the store by a different door. I checked and guess what! There was my car in the lot. I was pretty embarrassed.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many years ago, my Mum had a friend who deliberately bought an orange Volkwagen Beetle (the original one), so that she wouldn't lose her car in parking lots.
I gather Flo was a bit of a character.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yes!! I have to try to park near something thats going to be there when I finish shopping so that I can try to remember where I parked the car.