Today we said goodbye to Norris....He is now up for adoption & "dog of the week"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou guys
I swear i couldn't get through the day sometime being a foster mom/working at the shelter without ya'll support!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry Nikki. People are so shallow & superficial. I honestly do not think it has too much to do with his leg, I think it has to do with his breed. Despite how wonderful he is & your letter, I think that will turn people away. Which, IMO is a good thing. He is what he is & people need to understand it. I do believe, though...it's a good thing. Have faith in the human race, I know you've seen a lot of negatives from them(as have I), but I know the family is out there.
to you and
to Norris.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm sorry Nikki. People are so shallow & superficial. I honestly do not think it has too much to do with his leg, I think it has to do with his breed. Despite how wonderful he is & your letter, I think that will turn people away. Which, IMO is a good thing. He is what he is & people need to understand it. I do believe, though...it's a good thing. Have faith in the human race, I know you've seen a lot of negatives from them(as have I), but I know the family is out there.
to you and
to Norris.
Thanks Natalie
i hope the right family comes along soon for him. I hate just seeing him up there waiting and making the sweetest faces at people only to get ignored
BUT i would rather wait for the right family to take him than have him go with someone i would not trust him with so it's worth the wait- it's just hard you know.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been keeping my daughter and husband up to date about Norris. My daughter heard the latest and said, "Aw, I'd adopt him!" This is the kid who has been "rescuing" cat stuffed animals from garage sales.

I told my husband years ago, that if we ever got a dog I'd want a Siberian Husky. I think they are so beautiful. My husband said, "For a brief moment, I imagined myself standing proudly with our beautiful dog, and then reality hit and I knew instead you would bring home the one with bald spots, a crumpled ear, and one eye. Then you'd say, 'Everyone loves the beautiful dogs... he's the one who needs our love the most.'"

The right person for Norris is out there. He just has to wait a little longer. TCS vibes haven't failed yet!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I've been keeping my daughter and husband up to date about Norris. My daughter heard the latest and said, "Aw, I'd adopt him!" This is the kid who has been "rescuing" cat stuffed animals from garage sales.

I told my husband years ago, that if we ever got a dog I'd want a Siberian Husky. I think they are so beautiful. My husband said, "For a brief moment, I imagined myself standing proudly with our beautiful dog, and then reality hit and I knew instead you would bring home the one with bald spots, a crumpled ear, and one eye. Then you'd say, 'Everyone loves the beautiful dogs... he's the one who needs our love the most.'"

The right person for Norris is out there. He just has to wait a little longer. TCS vibes haven't failed yet!
thanks gorgeous
awww and your daughter is too sweet!!!
she rescues stuffies??? how darling is that!!!!!

awww i wish ya'll were closer!!!!!! norris would have a good home with ya'll!
i hope a family as nice as yours comes along soon though to give him that great life he deserves.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

...awww i wish ya'll were closer!!!!!!
I wish we could adopt him, too. But we've got a delicate balance going here, and old Oberon would get sooo stressed and he already has some serious health problems. The right person will come along for Norris, I know it in my heart.

You hang in there, too.