Today Was The Day

dogperson2cats

Dog person but has cats for some reason
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, everyone as I am sure you recall I posted just before Christmas about my senior semi feral cat and how he was supposed to be PTS but somehow hung on.

Well as of 3PM today, he has passed on. He got worse and nothing could be done for him so, he was put down. He went quickly as my mom held him and told him he was great.

He was 15, loved the fireplace and his favorite food was tuna.

RIP Fatcat. See you again someday.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless his heart, what a marvelous cat. He truly was great!

RIP baby, you are in a wonderful place now, your struggles are over and your strength and grace have been returned to you in full :rbheart:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
Bless his heart, what a marvelous cat. He truly was great!

RIP baby, you are in a wonderful place now, you struggles are over and your strength and grace have been returned to you in full :rbheart:

Thanks, friend! Everyones in tears currently.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He came to you from a world you will never know. Now that he's make the transformation he will remain with you forever. He'll follow you on every path you take, share your joys and sorrows. He'll curl up with your mother when she needs him. The most wonderful thing about the transformation is gaining the ability to cross time and space in the blink of an eye. You and your mother built the bridge of love to him, offered him rescue. He wrapped your love around himself and offered his to you. The bond can not be broken.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, everyone as I am sure you recall I posted just before Christmas about my senior semi feral cat and how he was supposed to be PTS but somehow hung on.

Well as of 3PM today, he has passed on. He got worse and nothing could be done for him so, he was put down. He went quickly as my mom held him and told him he was great.
He was 15, loved the fireplace and his favorite food was tuna.

RIP Fatcat. See you again someday.
Most of us have been there. Im sorry. It will get better.

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
He came to you from a world you will never know. Now that he's make the transformation he will remain with you forever. He'll follow you on every path you take, share your joys and sorrows. He'll curl up with your mother when she needs him. The most wonderful thing about the transformation is gaining the ability to cross time and space in the blink of an eye. You and your mother built the bridge of love to him, offered him rescue. He wrapped your love around himself and offered his to you. The bond can not be broken.

Gosh I hope so! I let the fuzzy arsehole eat most my meals and sleep/shed on my best clothes!

Honestly he hated me for several years; it was really only the last few that he came around. He was my dads shadow most the time.

And I'd give anything to do it all again.

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
Most of us have been there. Im sorry. It will get better.
I know it gets better. I've lost every one of my cats this way. (Though he lived the longest.) It just never hurts any less, does it? I mean my female cat is looking for him and is confused as to where his bed and bowl went. (The trash, if I know my parents.) The two weren't close; at least not obviously. But, they were never far from each other. (Though we were convinced he'd of run her off had we not kept an eye on them. He ran off a couple of kittens that way.) She was a rescue as well and Fatcat was sort of her 'parent' as she was too tiny to be without the heat of another cat. (He tolerated her for our sakes, I'm sure.)

But, I can't mourn too long. There's a stray male we adopted and keep in our shed. We promised him we'd get him fixed and make him a proper housecat. (He was the only one in a feral colony that was friendly so upon seeing we had food, he quickly became our yard cat.)

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
I know. It's hard. But Fatcat's love and that from the new boy will see you through.

I hope. At this point, the only cat I really still feel anything for is my female. She's been by my side since we rescued her and has spent 24 hours a day by my side the last week. I guess she sensed Fatcats passing.

Y'know that's not even his name? But when he was younger, he was really fat so we just called him that and it stuck? Just like I call the female...well, anything BUT her name. Currently it's 'Booper'. She answers to it so what's the harm?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave him a home and more importantly your care and love, that is all he ever wanted. Remember him with fondness, let every memory bring comfort and know his love will live on through you now, because he will always be a part of your soul.
It hurts when they leave us, but what they have given us is so much more important. To have never known them at all would be a terrific loss to our lives, it was meant to be. Although he follows a new path now, it will forever parallel your own. He will be as close as your thoughts and prayers. He lives on through you now, so take that legacy of love he left you and spread it to others, it needs the sunshine of life to spread and grow, not be kept hidden in a dark place in your heart. It takes a love like we feel for these little ones to make our lives whole, and we have to experience the pain of loss to fully appreciate what that love is.
Try not to dwell on his end, he would never want that, time will help you get through this and dull the sharp edges of pain.
My heart goes out to you, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself, and keep busy......RIP Fatcat, you will forever be held in a loving heart, you will be dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, FatCat, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Tell your mama that she did the most unselfish thing we ever do...she helped FatCat shrug off his heavy coat of fur and flesh that would no longer support his great heart and strong spirit. Now he dances on sunlight, only a thought away, coming back to visit and sleep by the fire. He is with you always.

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, FatCat, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Tell your mama that she did the most unselfish thing we ever do...she helped FatCat shrug off his heavy coat of fur and flesh that would no longer support his great heart and strong spirit. Now he dances on sunlight, only a thought away, coming back to visit and sleep by the fire. He is with you always.

Thanks for your kind words.

Sadly yesterday brought pain to everyone. My girlfriends two cats got bad news as well. Her female needs all her teeth pulled and the male may have cancer.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sincerely sorry. Each time I read posts like this makes me teary-eyed. I dread the moment when it is my turn to break such heartbreaking news.

You gave him the best years of his life. That is all he will remember until the afterlife. I am sure he is looking down on you now, with such a loving smile and a purr that vibrates in all the endless field of grass and roses.

Be strong. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss :(
FatCat wants you to know that you gave him what he was looking for, some love, cuddles, a warm place and a dish of good food. He asked you for that, and you didn't fail him.
He has known the meaning of family when it was too late, maybe, but this will be the only memory he will have of his life on Earth, and he will tell others at the Bridge how lucky he has been.

RIP FatCat, run free among the clouds :bawling:

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss :(
FatCat wants you to know that you gave him what he was looking for, some love, cuddles, a warm place and a dish of good food. He asked you for that, and you didn't fail him.
He has known the meaning of family when it was too late, maybe, but this will be the only memory he will have of his life on Earth, and he will tell others at the Bridge how lucky he has been.

RIP FatCat, run free among the clouds :bawling:

Thanks for your kind words! Though I am confused by what you mean by 'too late'.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FatCat is always with you and will help you open your heart to your new boy.

I'm terribly sorry to see the bad news about your girlfriend's cats. For now let us hope that her boy doesn't have cancer, or that it can be treated. For her little girl, let me assure you that the relief of losing bad teeth is enormous. She'll feel better the moment it's done and they will give her pain medicine to help her through the first few days of healing. She'll need soft food, pates made into a slurry for a couple of days, but in time she'll be able to eat everything she did before, including dry food.

You and yours have had a very difficult time. Prayers to you all.

dogperson2cats

Adult Cat
Purraise
Trust me if I could have afforded it the stray would have been fixed before Christmas. (And I would have put him in a box addressed to my mom <3 )

Yeah I cried when she told me. I don't care for indoor cats AT ALL. (They belong outside and away from me as often as possible. I love cats but holy crap my own drive me up the wall and back again!) But, I'll admit I love hers about as much as I do my own.

For sure...here's hoping it gets easier.