Today, the bed...Tomorrow, the World!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darcy (the little tortie with opposable thumbs) has started her plan to take over the world.

At 3am, hubby and I were awakened by an occasional beeping sound that got louder and more frequent...it was like some sort of alarm, but we couldn't figure out what it was. He asked me if it was my cell phone because I use it for an alarm in the mornings, but it wasn't my cell. I couldn't figure out what it was until I looked up at the headboard. Up on top of the headboard, we have a projection clock but that is all we use it for, we have never ever used the alarm feature on it, but here it was going off. Well, it took me a minute, but I remembered that Darcy had developed a fondness of lounging atop the headboard like a leopard in a tree.

Well at this point, I figure that I am awake so I might as well go downstairs to visit the restroom. Hubby joins me to provide assistance with the stairs (I am restricted to the use of crutches). When we came back upstairs, guess who was lounging on my side of the bed?

I figured that Darcy knew that if she set the alarm for 3am, hubby and I would get up and go downstairs since we were awake and that would give her the perfect opportunity to take over my side of the bed.

You probably don't believe that it is the beginning of a plot to take over the world, but soon enough I will be able to say "I told you so"

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually wake up around 3 am to go to the bathroom. That is Butzie's cue to get some lovin'. When DH and I were on vacation, Butzie would go into our daughter's room at the same time and wake her up. Jen was not amused, but Butzie got loved anyway.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad in one way that my kits stay outside overnight...the thought of getting woken up at 3am is enough to make me grouchy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I'm glad I am not tho only one who sees through her plans