Today is a big day for us

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beth, I just really want to commend you on being willing and able to let your daughter venture out on her own, even though it probably would have been easier (financially and emotionally) to have her commute to university.
You must have done a good job as a parent to feel so secure and happy for her to be moving on in her life, and moving out of your home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Heidi - I have found it such a wonderful experience to see her going out into the world, confident and independent. Although our job as parents will never be done; it feels like the last 18 years of preparation has all come out right

Jane, thank you. She is studying for a first degree in Biology, she's currently interested in pursuing the zoology/genetics route to work in biodiversity and species preservation. She is hoping to go straight through for her doctorate after finishing her degree and then to work in the field later.

You're right - she has sent a glowing report of Bar in her Junior Common Room
. Although, typical for my daughter, said the bar was to crowded so she and a friend when to get a diet coke from the vending machine instead