Tobykinz (a million bengal pics)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lynx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm very proud of my boy. Thanks for the nice remarks.
I'm click-happy so there will be many more photosessions. I actually have about 20 folders of images, with 5-20 pics in each.

brocken

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Lynx
Looks like it's from the same photoshoot, but this was another day...same time! Same place!
tobysunxxx.jpg
tobysunxx.jpg
tobysunb.jpg
Lynx, those are really nice shots! First of all, Toby's head posture and the cant of his eyes conveys the feeling that he has a strong and sure personality. Nice set of 3 looks: first, head slightly away but direct eyes, then direct head & eyes, and finally head, eyes, and ears turned away. Kind of like, "What're you doing?" to "I see exactly what you're doing!" then "Eh, you ain't doin' nothin'."

Technically, the shots are very good in exposure, color, and composition. In each shot, you captured the full range of Toby's coat, from the bright patch of fur right below his nose, to the darkest of his stripes set in shadow. The colors are rich, natural, and well-balanced: the luscious mauve of foreground carpet serves as a regal platform for Toby's golden tones, which are further enhanced by the warm greys against the background wall. Focus is spot-on his eyes, bringing them out crisply while gradually blurring back from his head to make a pleasantly creamy background. The oblique shadows on the carpet and the metal trim on the wall subtly reinforce the striping in his fur without being too obvious about it. Good eye!

And you chose some great lighting - I'm guessing maybe early-to-mid morning light from its' low angle and slightly cool tone? Like dancer's sidelighting, that light creates strong cross shadows which give a sense of drama to Toby's bearing.

Thank you for sharing these shots!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lynx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Brocken! Actually it's late afternoon, just before sunset.
Here's one more from that day:

As well, here's Toby's newest obsession
("NO, You CAN'T go outside")

And my boy Howard on Christmas morning:

brocken

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Lynx
Thank you Brocken! Actually it's late afternoon, just before sunset.
I've got to work more on my light-reading skills!

As well, here's Toby's newest obsession
("NO, You CAN'T go outside")
tobybirds.jpg
[/b]
Nice contemplative winter shot.
:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:
:chicken:
:chicken::chicken::chicken:

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Man your cat toby, is one of the best looking cats I've ever seen. The markings are so neat. Love the picture of him carrying his ball, my cat Cosmo does that too!! If you throw it,he will bring it back....