Toby is teaching the new kitten to play "Hide & Go Seek"

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first got Toby as a small kitten (and the only one we had at the time) I`d play "Hide & Go Seek" with him. I`d hide, then call him. "Toby.....where are you?"...and he`d come looking for me. He`d even take turns hiding for me to seek him ,(although he did`nt always hide all of himself so i`d pretend I was seeking him when I knew where he was all the time)
Then we got Tedy (same age as Toby, but he did`nt really play the game...he`d just watch with interest from a distance...I`ve always thought he maybe did`nt like the "BOO!" part that I`d holler when Toby would find me.
Well, we got a year old kitten, Tawny, about 6 weeks ago.....and Toby loves to play with him (Those 2 are the most energetic ones)
I was sitting in the bathroom the other day (* bats eyes-blushing*) when Toby came wheeling around the corner and "hid" behind the wastebasket and crouched down, watching out into the hallway...then along came Tawny walking past the doorway, minding his own business ...and Toby leaped out and jumped on him.
Startled, Tawny ran off into the next room, while Toby scooted back into the bathroom and "hid" behind the bathroom door (all but his butt and tail !) and started calling to Tawny, then ambushed him again when he came walking past. I`ve caught the 2 of them playing the game several times since. Tawny has even learned to hide and "call" to Toby already.
Cats are fun!
Linda

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute, I had a very smart rex kitten (Tom E Hawk) who quickly learned the Hide and Seek game. 4 months old, first show, hotel. I put him in the bathroom, hid by the bed and called him. Did it a few time - he'd purr his head off when he found me.

Then reversed it - I hid in the bathroom and told him to "go hide" - actually saw him run around the other side of the bed to hide. We played it back and forth for an hour. I was sooo surprised how he understood the words/game to go hide when told.

He was adopted by a friend and actually taught HER cats how to play fetch with a ball!