To me it is strange

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At a recent dinner party, a lady I've met only this year, was showing pictures of herself during the euthanasia of her beloved cat. There were one or 2 of the kitty but a lot of her in different throes of bereavement. She was wailing in some, embracing her baby in another, wiping her tears, etc.
First of all, I don't think I like pictures being taken of a beloved pet being put down. Second, I would really hate being photographed when my face is all distorted from grief. Third, a dinner party is no place to show off such pictures.
Am I wrong to feel this way?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is not strange, that is downright wierd

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
That is what i would say is a plea for attention.

Or, she may be a classic Narcissus Syndrome case, believing herself to be the center of the universe. In this case, She cannot imagine what people would do if they did not know what She was feeling at this terrible moment in Her life.

She may have been obsessed with the way she looks, and been determined to make sure she looked beautiful in every possible situation and emotion.

Or maybe she is just weird. You should probably not listen to me... I am only fourteen, lol

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by joecool

That is what i would say is a plea for attention.

Or, she may be a classic Narcissus Syndrome case, believing herself to be the center of the universe. In this case, She cannot imagine what people would do if they did not know what She was feeling at this terrible moment in Her life.

She may have been obsessed with the way she looks, and been determined to make sure she looked beautiful in every possible situation and emotion.

Or maybe she is just weird. You should probably not listen to me... I am only fourteen, lol
Yes I agree. (Although not about the 14 part! Lol)

Sounds like she wanted everyone to know just how devastated she was about her cat. Fancy taking photos of yourself whilst having your cat put down????? How self-obsessed can you get?

What a loony.

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It reminds me of that movie....I forget what its called but it had the chick from "The Mummy" in it....

In anycase That "The mummy" person is an art student and she has to do her senior thesis....So she goes out w/ this real nerdy plumpy guy...and through slight manipulation,gets him to fall in love w/ her....gets him to change the way he acts, dress, and even gets him to get plastic surgery.....He has no clue...he wants to marry her..Until he goes to her showing of her Thesis...And its pictures and momentos of his transformation.....

Yeah this is creepy like that....

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It reminds me of a story that my brother's FIL told (??).

He was sitting in a business meeting and some guy pulled out his wallet and said, `Who wants to see a pic of my new son?'. Everyone of course said they would love to, and then were presented with a photo of the baby's head crowning during the birth.

Needless to say the silence that followed was deafening.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok this woman has a real obsession with herself, i'd say. Who on earth would want to be seen in so much pain after losing a family member - after all, that's what pets are!

Oh yeah and the whole baby photo thing - I got all of those gorey pics of my nieces birth - over my MILs 60th birthday party!! I can't say I found that wierd.... just badly timed!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

It reminds me of a story that my brother's FIL told (??).

He was sitting in a business meeting and some guy pulled out his wallet and said, `Who wants to see a pic of my new son?'. Everyone of course said they would love to, and then were presented with a photo of the baby's head crowning during the birth.

Needless to say the silence that followed was deafening.
OMG I literally LMAO then!!!!!!!!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Thats the wierdest thing I've heard all week. Who agreed to take pics of her? Why the hell would you want that on camera? maybe one last pic of the 2 of you but anything after that I'd say is pretty sick.
I would have told her I found it completely disturbing and did not want my evening ruined by seeing something as sad as that. She obviously has issues I'd say. RIP her little kitty cat.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How obscure - it must have been a really surreal moment for everyone arround her!

I do think I would have had to say something or leave, as I couldn't deal with seeing (or hearing) about something like that - especially in a dinner party setting

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seems strange to me and it would have ruined my evening. Could it be a cultural difference? Maybe she was raised in a different country from yours?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats not something you share with people you just meet....jeez, thats really weird and crazy!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
::censor::censor::censor:: What a strange lady, I would've been upset by that too.

He was sitting in a business meeting and some guy pulled out his wallet and said, `Who wants to see a pic of my new son?'. Everyone of course said they would love to, and then were presented with a photo of the baby's head crowning during the birth
Eewww I don't wanna see that in any setting, let alone a business meeting!

What the heck is wrong with these people?!!