To feed or not to feed, that is the question.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much better for you to bring the cat back to your house and try to adopt it out yourself, if they plan to euthanize it at some point.  Sounds like that is your plan.  I couldn't set my little feral free outside because I realized after I picked her up that she was only about 4 months old and tiny.  Originally I planned to socialize her and then find her a permanent home.  After about 10 days, I decided she had a permanent home with me.  I seem to fail at "temporarily" helping cats.  :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bwilson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Orange&White if it comes to them wanting to euthanize him I would most definitely take him back to the neighborhood and try to adopt him out myself. If I didn't just take in another cat from the neighborhood last week I would take him in as well. Trying to integrate one adult male into my home is challenging enough I don't think I could handle another one right now.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I fully understand that.  I know my limit, too.  One of my two cats crossed the bridge last September and I wasn't looking for another cat, but when the little feral got trapped in the warehouse at work, I figured I did have room for her.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I fully understand that.  I know my limit, too.  One of my two cats crossed the bridge last September and I wasn't looking for another cat, but when the little feral got trapped in the warehouse at work, I figured I did have room for her.
Some things are just meant to be. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:

bwilson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So naturally I got home from work and had the carrier all ready to take him to the shelter and he was no where to be found. Shelter closed at 5:30. At 6:00 He comes strolling up to the door ready for his dinner [emoji]128529[/emoji]. I'm going to try again tomorrow hopefully he will be around when I get home from work.

Last edited:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So naturally I got home from work and had the carrier all ready to take him to the shelter and he was no where to be found. Shelter closed at 5:30. At 6:00 He comes strolling up to the door ready for his dinner [emoji]128529[/emoji]. I'm going to try again tomorrow hopefully he will be around when I get home from work.
Cats are smart like that.  It's like they can read our minds.  I find it no coincidence that drawings of grey aliens all seem to resemble hairless cats. 

bwilson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update for those that have been following. I was able to get him to the shelter today and we may have a potential adopter in place. I will update again if our adopter does indeed decide to take him.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update for those that have been following. I was able to get him to the shelter today and we may have a potential adopter in place. I will update again if our adopter does indeed decide to take him.
That is very good news indeed! 
  Fingers crossed that he finds his forever home and barely has to set foot in the shelter for neuter and vax.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yea!!!!  Such good news.  Thank you so much for being such a caring person.  

bwilson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I know I did a kind thing but part of me can't help but feel guilty. Poor guy was picked up and dropped off in a strange place with so many smells and other animals. I know in the long run he will be better because of it and he did need some medical attention but I just felt like I betrayed the little guy. My kindness to animals is a gift and a curse!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I know I did a kind thing but part of me can't help but feel guilty. Poor guy was picked up and dropped off in a strange place with so many smells and other animals. I know in the long run he will be better because of it and he did need some medical attention but I just felt like I betrayed the little guy. My kindness to animals is a gift and a curse!
Focus on the good parts.  You know you did a kind thing and the right thing.  A short, very temporary stay in the shelter is a tiny inconvenience to the cat who is on his way to a safe, loving forever home.  ...because of your kindness.