TNR Mission Complete :) 1st Female Trapped!!

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay!!

The TNR lady came over to my home, she uncut the zipties that were holding the trap door open (for the last 24 hrs.), we put some tuna in and waited.

Within 10 minutes, we caught "Oreo" who happens to be the mother of the young adult females in the colony. I was so nervous...my heart was pumping a mile a minute. God bless those that do TNR....without this woman here tonight, I would not have been able to do this.

So, now Oreo sits in the hall in a trap, covered with a light sheet...food & water is in the trap...the under-part of the trap is lined with a garbage bag & newspapers. Tomorrow monring, I drive her to the vet. for spay. She will spend at least 24-hours (possibly 48) with a friend who will make sure she is okay through recovery time.

One down, two more females to go, two males to go and still have to capture two 7-wk. old kittens. I'm tired.........

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great!!! Some day when I can afford it I will do TNR!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can't wait until this poor girl is at the vet. 4:30 am & she is crying so loud, she woke me up. Trap is in the hall outside our apartment/home and I can still hear her. All of my guys have their little ears pointing toward the door...obviously they know something is out there.

Tomorrow is almost here
Will update when I get back from the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to yell a big

My "oreo mamma" cat has been successfully trapped, spayed & released. To my surprise, she didn't run when I released her. When I went out to feed the colony tonight, she was close-by and let me stroke her...so glad to see her eating & NO MORE KITTENS OR MALES BOTHERING HER!!

Trying for the next female this coming Monday. Hoping all goes as smoothly as this TNR did.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by leesali

Just wanted to yell a big

My "oreo mamma" cat has been successfully trapped, spayed & released. To my surprise, she didn't run when I released her. When I went out to feed the colony tonight, she was close-by and let me stroke her...so glad to see her eating & NO MORE KITTENS OR MALES BOTHERING HER!!

Trying for the next female this coming Monday. Hoping all goes as smoothly as this TNR did.
Wishing you good luck for Monday.

Katie

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's fantastic news! I'm so glad she has retained her sweet personality.

Good luck Monday!