TiVo: The Greatest Invention since Sliced Bread. Or the iPod.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I LOVE my Tivo! It's amazing... My brother bought it for me for my birthday last year, I was REALLY surprised at that gift! It also came with a year of free Tivo service, so for my birthday this year (July) I told him I wanted another year of Tivo service.
Now he never has to worry about what gift to get me I guess! I'll just keep asking for Tivo service, heh...

What's even better is that my brother, who lives upstairs in his own "apartment", has hooked up his Tivo to my Tivo so we can transfer programs between the two. The whole thing is hooked up with USB cables. Then, I also have Tivo Desktop on my computer and he has it on his, so we can also transfer stuff to and from either computer/either Tivo. It's great!

The only downsides are that it doesn't come with enough memory (I'm planning to buy more, my brother's Tivo has like 400 hours worth of memory) and I unfortunately have to semi-share it with my parents since the TV it's hooked up to is technically theirs...

Someone mentioned Ipods... I don't like those. I do however LOVE my Sandisk Sansa mp3 player. Costs (much) less than an ipod with more features, and it's about the size of an ipod nano, but thicker so I don't feel like it's going to snap in half at any second... :p