'tis the season to get engaged!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! The ring is beautiful and unique and your fiance put a great deal of thought into the design. And your dress is beautiful too! I love the simplicity and straight lines of it. I'm not much for dresses that have tons of lace and beads and stuff all over it. I firmly believe that less is more. The day is all about the bride and some brides get lost inside their dress. You'll be front and centre with the dress you picked! I think it was an excellent choice

Are you wearing a veil or a hat or a headband?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Brushing her teeth... that's a good one too! LOL I like the low frills out of the blue proposals... it's makes it much more unexpected.
Not only that but she'd just been harpin on him good about not being engaged yet...wich is just what he wanted I think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got just a simple fingertip length veil w/ a very thin green trim and no blusher.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we're makinglots of progress. I'm sending in the last contract today and we've got invitations and pretty much everything else. We got some butterflies to add to the flowers & cake. We're doing a butterfly theme because of the ring. I got our personalized ribbon yesterday too. We also sent save the date notices this week with hotel info.

Bad news: My original Maid of honor got pregnant shortly after Matt proposed and can't fly so she's out. (I might try to convince her to come early though) and I've known this for over a month and have accepted it now. Well, last night my other bridesmaid called to say she simply can't afford it even if I pay for her hotel stay.
Those were my only 2 girl friends and now I don't know who else to ask.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think we're getting close to having all the details pinned down. Only 3 more months! Yeah.

I was on spring break last week so I spent one day finishing the centerpieces for the tables.

The empty space on the couch is where I was sitting to work on the flower cans (we used soup cans)

I made 2 different styles... a short can

and a tall can

I'm not sure it saved us any money but I love making arabgements like this so it was alot of fun for me and the biggest plus is that they are exactly what I want because I made them.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... thanks! The closer it gets the more excited I get. Everyone thinks I should be nervous ar having cold feet but I'm not. Nothing but excitement and impatience maybe!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny story really. My mom used to do alot of floral arrangements but it's been awhile. Well, last tuesday she "helped" me with them and I hate to say it but they looked terrible. I took them home and re-did all hers Thursday. Of course, I never said anything and she won't know cuz we added other flowers but I guess I am a bit particular.