Tired Old Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Mist is still chugging along. Sleeps about 22 hours a day. She's now missing two canines on the same side. Is eating her Magic Bullet pureed pate canned food with a 4-piece kibble topping at each of 4X / day servings. She's eating about 2 1/2 three-ounce cans / day. Her weight is down but I attribute that to old age metabolism. Edit to add that I'm pretty sure she is deaf.

Just got a reminder card from the vet to bring her in for rabies shot and an exam. I'm of two minds about this. No way will I have her given a rabies shot, even if it is the law. She's urinating and defecating just fine. Eyes a little "teary" especially in the morning. Very sweet. Purrs. Love pets. It will seriously distress her to bring her in. Thoughts?

Please send hugs and good wishes to my sweet old lady. I'll take some too
If she is indoor only, old, not exposed to cats that go out I would not give shots.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have the issue of rabies shots here in the UK (for now)  thankfully, but wonder with her age, general health, and being indoor only if the vet might be willing to look at a waver some how?   I'm sure I've read about that being possible in a thread somewhere on the site.

It's good to hear Mist is ambling on with you - I think Mouse sleeps as much as Mist and he's only 4 1/2 the lazy kitty!  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't take her in. It'll just distress her and for what? No way are you going to give her a rabies injection. For what reason? I can't even see a vet giving your kitty it. Don't worry just love your kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mist was euthanized early this afternoon.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a hard update to write.  I am so sad for you.  
   Looking at this thread you had amost a whole year to the day with Mist from when you posted last year, and it is clear how every single moment of this time has been precious. She has been pampered and preened and tended to like royalty and I am sure she lapped up every bit of it - what a happy life for a cat.   19 years leaves one big hole in your heart but there must be a million precious memories in there once you feel up to finding them.   Mist will be wrapped around your heart for ever, take comfort from this whenever you feel her there: it may take some time to feel that comfort but she will be there, waiting.  

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very, very sorry for your great loss. Mist had a wonderful life although her story is making me cry. You have my deepest sympathy at this sad time.

miscetera

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a long and wonderful life she had. Now she is watching over you from the other side. Bless you both.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read through your entire thread and now am crying right along with you. Mist was such a precious kitty and loved so much. I know how devastating her loss must be. Just know that you gave her a long and wonderful life. She must have been about 20 years old. Wow! That is truly amazing! I know it still wasn't long enough. It is never long enough, as we want them with us forever. I am so so sorry on the loss of your sweet Mist. I know the pain must be unbearable. I wish I had some magic words to take your pain away. Just know that she had a long wonderful happy life, all because of you. I hope you can one day remember your precious Mist with smiles instead of tears.
Please take care!
RIP Sweet Mist!
You were so greatly loved and will never, ever be forgotten!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
As we do here on TCS @Catapault,  I am going to lock your thread here in Health as a sign of respect for Mist.   The team wish you to know how saddened they are by your loss, and hope that you are able to feel some comfort from the thread you have now started for Mist in our Crossing The Bridge Forum.   My heart and my tears are with you as you get used to your loss.

View media item 306250

Status
Not open for further replies.