Tips on caring for a blind kitten?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tania...you figured out how to help Mouse thrive.

You have blazed new territory in blind kitten care with this little one.

I will keep you both in my prayers.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Tania, what wonderful news! So glad to hear Mouse is making progress. Under your wonderful care though, it was bound to happen!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's nearly 3am and we've had a bit of a breakthrough. Mouse likes beef+pumpkin+veggie baby food! LOL She is not emaciated but she's still skinny, so the baby food will do her good (lots of calories).

For those who are wondering, pumpkin is very good for digestion (helps with both constipation and diarrhoea) but onion can be dangerous to cats, so I make sure there isn't any onion when I buy baby food for the kittens.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tania & Mouse .... you both make me smile.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took Mouse to the vet yesterday to have her operation. She is home again but hasn't had her op. She stayed overnight at the vet for nothing! LOL

The vet called me late this afternoon and said that she had examined Mouse closely and she is really a bit young to have a general anaesthetic. It would be fine to do her eye operation when she is spayed at around 6 months. I asked her if she thought Mouses eyes were hurting or bothering her and she said no, there's no indication of that. So off I went to get her, bought her some chicken (they hadn't fed her all day, as she was fasting for the op.) and she ate like a horse when we got home!

So she's now ready to go to her new family as soon as they're ready to take her.