Tippi's been Spayed and Micro Chipped Today

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l haven't seen a spay like that since l left England 
 they do them through the undercarriage here.

What a beautiful girl she is!! l'm glad she's feeling well following her spay.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the flank spay is the way to go, I wonder why our vets here don't do more of it. It wouldn't interfere with nursing mothers either! I'm so glad Tippi is done and looks so beautiful! I'll bet you are glad it's over too. Good luck, and here's to many, many years with your baby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Andrya  Di and Bob for wishing Tippi Well

I didn't know they spayed cats differently in America and Canada , it seems more logical to do it from the side , mind you I am not a Vet so what do I know about such things  

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I think the flank spay is the way to go, I wonder why our vets here don't do more of it. It wouldn't interfere with nursing mothers either! I'm so glad Tippi is done and looks so beautiful! I'll bet you are glad it's over too. Good luck, and here's to many, many years with your baby!
Yes I pleased to get her spaying out of the way , it's the responsible thing to do £68.05 for spaying and micro chipping is money well spent

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweetheart! A cat at a local rescue had to have a flank spay due to mammary hyperplasia - that was the first time I'd even heard of a flank spay! I suppose undercarriage spay is first choice in North America.

nat an mimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Such a pretty girl I will be getting mine done soon as she can after the kittens are born ... It wasn't intentionally she's a house cat never goes out but escaped one night through the kitchen window that id forgot to shut

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad to hear Tippi is recovering from her spay. My parents got their new kitten, Dusty, "Snipped and Chipped" this week too. She must be about the same age as Tippi.

They live in the UK so she had a flank spay. In Japan they do it from the under the belly, same as in the US.

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tippi had her post op check up this morning and she is doing very well, her wound as healed lovely and her chip gave a nice clear beep

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I'm glad to hear Tippi is recovering from her spay. My parents got their new kitten, Dusty, "Snipped and Chipped" this week too. She must be about the same age as Tippi.

They live in the UK so she had a flank spay. In Japan they do it from the under the belly, same as in the US.
 I love the name Dusty for a cat . Tippi is 7 month today .

What's the recovery time for an undercarriage spay ?

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous girl! Happy to hear she's doing well.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I love the name Dusty for a cat . Tippi is 7 month today .

What's the recovery time for an undercarriage spay ?
They called her Dusty because when they first got her she was so small she could squeeze under the sofa and into all the other places my Mum rarely dusted, so she'd come out all covered in fluff. 
 I think she is about 6 months old. My cousin found her dumped on the common while she was out walking her dog and took her to their house. They'd been looking for a kitten to replace their last cat, Bea, who died of old age a few years ago. So that worked out really well for them and Dusty.

They seem to get over they spay really quickly. Most of the cats I've had spayed are semi-feral and stay outside a lot, so the vet uses dissolving stitches and gives them a shot of antibiotics, just to be on the safe side. The incision is tiny, around 2cm, and they're usually eating and playing as if nothing had happened within 24 hours of being spayed.

Glad to hear Tippi is doing well, she's as pretty as ever.

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

They called her Dusty because when they first got her she was so small she could squeeze under the sofa and into all the other places my Mum rarely dusted, so she'd come out all covered in fluff. 
 I think she is about 6 months old. My cousin found her dumped on the common while she was out walking her dog and took her to their house. They'd been looking for a kitten to replace their last cat, Bea, who died of old age a few years ago. So that worked out really well for them and Dusty.

They seem to get over they spay really quickly. Most of the cats I've had spayed are semi-feral and stay outside a lot, so the vet uses dissolving stitches and gives them a shot of antibiotics, just to be on the safe side. The incision is tiny, around 2cm, and they're usually eating and playing as if nothing had happened within 24 hours of being spayed.

Glad to hear Tippi is doing well, she's as pretty as ever.
It good Dusty found a good home with your mum

Tippi had her second and final check at the vets this morning her spaying wound as held lovely so she's finished at the vets until her injection booster next year.

She seems to have calmed down a bit since she was spayed and is becoming very much a lap cat , she loves curling up on my lap never had a cat who likes to do that before .Tallulah will sit for a minute and then she's off

Last edited: