Tiny kittens and fleas.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If the flea problem isn't too bad you can just use the Frontline, it will take care them. Adult fleas will be killed pretty quickly after the first dose. You have to use it 2-3 months in a row to catch any that hatch out from eggs that were previously laid in the house.

hestias family

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's not that bad, I only got about 6 off of her this morning.  I've just been using the comb on her, putting a little coconut oil on the comb to slow the fleas down long enough to bag them.  I need to tackle the home though, is there info somewhere on here about the steps in bombing the house?  I'm clueless!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you got 6 off of her in one day, you've got fleas......

I replied to your msg this-

Frontline hasn't been working well at all this year and last year, this year even advantage is not as good as it used to be, and that I have always used for my personal cats as well as all cats who come to my rescue group.

I recently started using revolution, if money is an issue because it does cost more, you can also get the size for extra large dogs and with a 1.0 ml feeding syringe dose down to 0.35 for kittens and 0.75 for adult cats.

Vacuum every day well, this really helps get fleas out of the house.

You can test to see how many fleas are in the house by putting on a pair of white socks and walking all around slowly. They will show up well on the socks.

Or you can also get some of them from your home by putting a squirt of dish soap in to an oblong baking pan, add about an inch of water, put in the center of the room on the floor, and during the night when it is dark, leave a lamp or light shining only on the pan of water, this is a big attracter for fleas and in the morning you will see fleas in the pan if they are there in the room.

Just be SURE to secure the light really good or you will be blowing your electrical switch or fry your pet if they mess with it!

You can bomb too, but it takes really good quality bombs to be effective. Google what the best ones are by ratings.

If you find the house is not loaded with fleas, simply treating all pets every 3 weeks will eventually get rid of all fleas in the house for a few months then once a month regularly.

All in all, advantage is a bit better than frontline still, but revolution is doing the job well still.

I've been a diehard advantage user for many years and swore by this product to be excellent, including using it for all rescue cats and kittens, meaning thousands, but this year it has not been working nearly as well, and needs repeating every 2 weeks.

I do recommend revolution, it's sure working for me and the rescues!