Tiny bump on corner of cat’s eyelid

Liberiangurl85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!
I’m new here and hope I’m posting correctly. I have a question for any of you who may have experienced this with their kitty. My baby, Bleü is 12 years old, spayed and in good health. She does however have a history of lumps and bumps that have all been super scary- but false alarms. I noticed a tiny lump/bump on the inner corner of her right eye. A few hours after I peeked at it, it seemed a little swollen/irritated, with a tiny bit of gooey discharge. The lump also seems more noticeable today than it did yesterday, but I don’t know if that’s just because I know it’s there. However, the swelling has gone down and the “original” lump is still there. I’ve been keeping it clean with a little warm saline on a Q-tip. It doesn’t bother her when I clean it and it doesn’t bother her when I look at it. She doesn’t paw at her face or even seem to know it’s there. Since the swelling went down from yesterday, I’m hoping it continues. There is also no more discharge. The vet is closed over this long weekend but the anxiety of not knowing what it is has me searching the internet for answers lol 😩. Have any of you seen this before?
84292B8D-E6D6-4EDC-8ED1-C4A892888922.jpeg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs to see a vet since it may be infected. I have lumps under eye lid called styes. As you are already doing keep it clean

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Yes, she should see a vet and most likely have this removed. I will say, if they want to do something called a fine needle aspirate, I wouldn’t and just get it removed. Sometimes sticking a needle in these things can spread them.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
If she has a stye can be painful if infected. The surgery if needed, is simple for humans. The vet will numb the lid then take the puss out

ApocalypseKitty

All about My Paw-Sitive Cats
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!
I’m new here and hope I’m posting correctly. I have a question for any of you who may have experienced this with their kitty. My baby, Bleü is 12 years old, spayed and in good health. She does however have a history of lumps and bumps that have all been super scary- but false alarms. I noticed a tiny lump/bump on the inner corner of her right eye. A few hours after I peeked at it, it seemed a little swollen/irritated, with a tiny bit of gooey discharge. The lump also seems more noticeable today than it did yesterday, but I don’t know if that’s just because I know it’s there. However, the swelling has gone down and the “original” lump is still there. I’ve been keeping it clean with a little warm saline on a Q-tip. It doesn’t bother her when I clean it and it doesn’t bother her when I look at it. She doesn’t paw at her face or even seem to know it’s there. Since the swelling went down from yesterday, I’m hoping it continues. There is also no more discharge. The vet is closed over this long weekend but the anxiety of not knowing what it is has me searching the internet for answers lol 😩. Have any of you seen this before? View attachment 461177
Hello everyone!
I’m new here and hope I’m posting correctly. I have a question for any of you who may have experienced this with their kitty. My baby, Bleü is 12 years old, spayed and in good health. She does however have a history of lumps and bumps that have all been super scary- but false alarms. I noticed a tiny lump/bump on the inner corner of her right eye. A few hours after I peeked at it, it seemed a little swollen/irritated, with a tiny bit of gooey discharge. The lump also seems more noticeable today than it did yesterday, but I don’t know if that’s just because I know it’s there. However, the swelling has gone down and the “original” lump is still there. I’ve been keeping it clean with a little warm saline on a Q-tip. It doesn’t bother her when I clean it and it doesn’t bother her when I look at it. She doesn’t paw at her face or even seem to know it’s there. Since the swelling went down from yesterday, I’m hoping it continues. There is also no more discharge. The vet is closed over this long weekend but the anxiety of not knowing what it is has me searching the internet for answers lol 😩. Have any of you seen this before? View attachment 461177
It's great to see you're taking such good care of Bleü! Keep monitoring the lump, and when the vet is back, it's always a good idea to have them check it out for peace of mind. 🐾