Tinker is sneezing blood

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I noticed it today, it isn't a lot of blood just a spot, but I am taking her to the vet tomorrow , she seems fine other than this, I had noticed today that she was sneezing white mucus out  and now its spots  of blood :(

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get your kitty to the veterinarian asap! Many problems can cause these symptoms: sneezing so hard some small blood vessels broke, nasal polyp (benign growth), foreign body in the nasal cavity, severe tooth infection, sinus infections, or more seriously, nasal cancer.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am taking her tomorrow , her brother Wellington had a bit of blood a few weeks ago and he is still taking antibiotics so I am thinking this is the same with Tinker, the vets are very good and they give appointments on the day you phone .

I will update with the result

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor baby
  Please let us know what the vet says.  Prayers and good vibes sent along!.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, I'm sorry you're worried about Tinker again after both your kitties not being well a couple of weeks ago.  I'm glad you're getting her straight to the vet to check things out.  I hope the vet is helpful when you see them tomorrow and is able to tell what's happening. I'll have my fingers crossed for you it's something like a burst blood vessel and not needing more meds. At least she still seems fine at the moment apart from the sneezing and discharge. You all deserve a break and some time just to enjoy playing and cuddling together.  Let us know how the vet visit goes.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Tinker!  I'm praying it's just a broken blood vessel from sneezing too much.  Maybe she has airborne allergies.

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Hi, I'm sorry you're worried about Tinker again after both your kitties not being well a couple of weeks ago.  I'm glad you're getting her straight to the vet to check things out.  I hope the vet is helpful when you see them tomorrow and is able to tell what's happening. I'll have my fingers crossed for you it's something like a burst blood vessel and not needing more meds. At least she still seems fine at the moment apart from the sneezing and discharge. You all deserve a break and some time just to enjoy playing and cuddling together.  Let us know how the vet visit goes.

aww thank you i will post back when i have taken her and let you know :)

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Poor Tinker!  I'm praying it's just a broken blood vessel from sneezing too much.  Maybe she has airborne allergies.
me too and thank you i will let you know the outcome :) 

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good news, 

Tinker had an antibiotic injection which lasts two weeks i have to take her back next Monday for a check up , nothing serious thank God

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Good to hear nothing serious. Here's hoping this nasty bug is gotten rid of completely this time. 

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Watch for side effects of the Convenia shot she received!  There have been many posts on here recently concerning the side effects. 

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Watch for side effects of the Convenia shot she received!  There have been many posts on here recently concerning the side effects. 
hi,she has received it before they gave her it before  when first diagnosed as she was so poorly and she was fine this is the second day and she is eating sleeping playing as normal , no blood in her sneezes either :)