Tinker Has Blood On Her Poo For 3 Days

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Took her and her brother to the vets for a check up this morning after having some teeth removed - all is well and their gums have healed very well and they are both eating very well and generally really happy babies .
However Ive noticed some slimy blood on the side of Tinkers poo for the past 3 days - I told the vet this morning and she said to keep an eye on it as it might be constipation (which she has had ) but not its the other way .

I had been giving both of them different foods since December because they were not eating with their gums and teeth so bad - so tried tuna paste and various other cat foods just to see if they would eat their tablets in it . Tinker loves her food and has eaten everything I've offered - so the vet said this could be the cause of the blood the food change - so put her back onto her regular food to see if it stops - the blood is not a lot and it is not in her poo only on the side like jelly slime - sorry sounds gross I know .

Anyone else's cats experienced this ?

PS she was fine before the medications and the teeth extractions .

Thank you

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know, but i am a bit surprised that the vet did not want to see her. I think i would want the vet to check her, maybe even take a sample of the poo in for the vet to check?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet did see her she checked around her tummy and they have both had blood tests done for various things a few weeks back so they are not worried .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update- she's just been in the litter tray and the colour has changed its not bright red now so seems she is clearing up . Will update .