Time to See a Vet?

whisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten (4 months) Neko ate two thick rubber bracelets, a scrap of plastic, and some tape... First a thick rubber bracelet (which he threw up over the past three days, along with the plastic scrap,) and we just found the most to-eaten tape and other bracelet. We are for sure it is him. We have been giving him some natural laxitives (a little bit of dairy milk, some tuna in oil, and an organic pet-safe laxitives pill,) along with softening his hard food in water. We have been trying not to feed him a ton.

After the pill, he went poop twice over the next two days, the last day being yesterday. He has been acting very tired and mopey and non-vocal, and all of this is pretty much opisite of what he is like.

I am worried about him greatly. We just finished him giving his second round of tuna in oil a few hours ago (about a tea spoon worth,) and he is still acting the same and hasn't thrown up or anything lately.

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are for sure it is him. We have been giving him some natural laxitives (a little bit of dairy milk, some tuna in oil, and an organic pet-safe laxitives pill,) along with softening his hard food in water. We have been trying not to feed him a ton.
Is this something the vet recommended? 

If he's feeling not himself - I would at least call up a vet now, if you haven't. If I were you I'd take him to the vet asap, just to be safe but that's just me. I'd rather not take any chances, especially if he's the total opposite of how he usually acts. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is this something the vet recommended? 

If he's feeling not himself - I would at least call up a vet now, if you haven't. If I were you I'd take him to the vet asap, just to be safe but that's just me. I'd rather not take any chances, especially if he's the total opposite of how he usually acts. 
We plan to call the vet tomorrow morning, but right now we're not in the state to be spending 100s of $$s on X-rays and such... We will see what we can do.

whisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, he seems better today. He has not pooped yet, but we just fed him (soft) food about ten minutes ago so he probably hasn't processed it yet. He is acting more hyper, too, which is good :) I hope he'll be okay!

whisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Called the vet; they are not worried as long as he is keeping food down, which he is. He is still pooping normally (as far as we can tell) and we are continuing to feed him the natural ingredients that agree with his digestive system. I will keep you updated.

whisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update:

He turned out fine; he still tries to eat inanimate things sometimes (??), but we make sure to keep small things hidden and watch him closely :) we haven't had a problem since the first time!