Time to change the clocks again!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spring forward! Yippie skippie! 

I wish the US would just do away with all the time change business.  Before I had kids I didn't mind so much.  But now it throws everyone off schedule.  If I'd thought more about it I could have spent the last week or two working to change the kid's routines; but too late now.  I guess it would have only seemed easier on me. 
  I'm sure the cat's wont mind getting breakfast a little early! 

So don't forget to set your clocks AHEAD tonight!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Most of the east coast of Aus has changed back, heading into Autumn.  Our State stood it's ground years ago, so we don't have it at all...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's about time! We have a lot to work on outside and need some longer days. Now if the weather would cooperate.......

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad because it is nice to have some extra daylight hours. It just takes a while for the body to adjust. The older I get the longer it takes.:lol3:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We really don't need it here, because we're pretty far north (around the same as Vancouver, B.C.) and summer days are very long, anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it weren't for messing with my kid's sleep schedule I wouldn't mind so much.  When the clocks changed back last fall; my friend's baby was up for the day at 4:45.  You'd think with going ahead it wouldn't be so bad; but now this means they'll want to go to bed an hour later!  That's Mama and Daddy's time! 
  Fortunately our errand running today wore out my littlest one and DD spent the night with my parents last night so she was also exhausted.  I got everyone into bed early!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love DST. It means spring is coming! And, I really hate driving at night anymore. Guess I'm getting old...
:yeah: I couldn't agree more! I wish we could just stick to DST year-round. I love having more sunlight during the day, and it's a lot easier driving while there's still a lot of light out, vs it getting dark earlier.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really get DST.  Why not just set the clocks that way and leave them?! I've never understood the point of switching ahead and then back again.

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really get DST.  Why not just set the clocks that way and leave them?! I've never understood the point of switching ahead and then back again.

I heard someone give the reason once that people don't want kids sitting in the dark waiting for the school bus in the morning.  I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems like a silly reason to change the schedule. 

I much prefer having the extra hour of light in the evening.  I could care less if I have to wake up and function in the dark.  Two good things about the time change this year?  I got to walk the ferrets in the park when it was light this evening, and my car clock is correct again!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom said that one year when she was in college, they didn't change the time in the winter, and she was walking to 9 am classes in the dark. So I can see why they do it, I guess. But since I go to work in the dark and come home from work in the dark every winter, I don't care :lol3:. I would rather have the extra hour of light in the evening.

I did change my car clock (it's easy to change), and of course my back-up alarm clock (I use my cell phone as my main alarm, but it's too easy to turn off while trying to press snooze so I need a backup), but my oven clock and my thermostat were never changed, LOL. So now they're right again :tongue2:.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom said that one year when she was in college, they didn't change the time in the winter, and she was walking to 9 am classes in the dark. .
Must have been the same year I was in high school and having to carry a flashlight so I could get to the bus stop.