TIME SENSITIVE: Looking to find a kitten a home in ISRAEL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jkiffel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! Great organization. My understanding is that they won't rescue a cat or dog (or other animal) unless it's sick or in real danger.

My in-laws arrived last night and things are looking promising. It's hard to resist a cat that wants to be held. My BIL immediately asked to see him and said he'd get the neutering done.

I don't want to take him abroad because I feel it wouldn't be kind to put him on a 17-plus-hour flight, in addition to three hours in security on this end. If he can be fed and loved in this environment, that is what I think would be ideal. In addition, I'm traveling with a disabled toddler. It would be challenging to say the least.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good news to hear that your BIL will take the reins! The kitten has the oh-so-pleasant orange cat disposition, which is very hard to resist! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't want to take him abroad because I feel it wouldn't be kind to put him on a 17-plus-hour flight, in addition to three hours in security on this end. If he can be fed and loved in this environment, that is what I think would be ideal. In addition, I'm traveling with a disabled toddler. It would be challenging to say the least.
Just to be clear on what I said before.  I meant if your could let your in-laws feed him UNTIL you get back home and then they could ship him to you.  Not take him with you as you travel back home because yes that would be an ordeal.  I agree it would be ideal if he could find someone who loves him like you do right where he is.  But if not, this is another option.  He's such a sweet loving kitty!

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great that your BIL is going to get this kitty neutered and care for him. That is the ideal situation, and you're right, that would be a long journey for a kitten to make--it would be about 24 hours, which is very stressful, and should only be undertaken if no caregiver could be found for him.  Hopefully your in-laws will fall in love with the kitten the way you did and enjoy caring for him. I hope all goes well!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you're right, that would be a long journey for a kitten to make--it would be about 24 hours, which is very stressful, and should only be undertaken if no caregiver could be found for himq
True, but better than living in a tree.

Last edited:

jkiffel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks again. I'm still able to pass along contact info if anyone finds a potential adopter in Israel. The kitty is OK, but he could still become a great pet.

jkiffel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE: Our kitten has found a HOME!!! A new neighbor is moving in, and fell in love with him. Thanks to my sister-in-law, he was neutered, fed and socialized to prepare him for this day. She reports that he is doing wonderfully and getting lots of hugs. HOORAY!!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I love happy endings! So grateful to you and your relatives for helping this sweet guy on his journey to a forever home! [emoji]128522[/emoji]