Time for a vet visit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Back

Much better trip.. she dabbed ointment on the sore bum, and gave each a tiny shot of something...

She said she's not a fan of the powder the other vet prescribed as in her opinion it just gives an outward appearence of improvement.
so lucky I waited till I saw her before using it.

also I have to dilute the feed to 1 Cimicat to 4 parts water to ease diarrhoea

i'm much more satisfied

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is no poo better than diarrhoea?
They had been having diarrhoea with before and after every feed..
But today so far since last night there was only a few drops out of one.. the others haven't passed anything... well they have a little bit in bed, but no more than usual.

Is this the diarrhoea fading and hardening? Or should I be worried.. again

jmiah22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbeyCat

Is no poo better than diarrhoea?
They had been having diarrhoea with before and after every feed..
But today so far since last night there was only a few drops out of one.. the others haven't passed anything... well they have a little bit in bed, but no more than usual.

Is this the diarrhoea fading and hardening? Or should I be worried.. again
AbbeyCat...my kitten had diarrhea on Sunday and it was because of the canned cat food, so I stopped giving it to her and it was pretty much cleared up by Monday. I would say no poo would mean that they are regular? My kitten isn't going NEAR as much as she was but it is still kinda runny. She doesn't seem sick or anything and she eats like a PIG!! I made some of that kitten glop with goats milk this morning and she just LOVES it! I was afraid she wouldn't like it as to me the canned goats milk STINKS!! Made me gag to smell it...lol. Last week I was having trouble getting her to drink 4 TBSP a day and now this week she drinks 2 TBSPS or more at once!

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
fingers crossed their tummies are settling then.. I have them definitely till sunday 5pm... and then i'll see if can 'get custody' of them again

The shelter would allow me no problem.. it's my family who may be narked at the thought of more feeding during the night, although on a good night they will sleep from 2am to 8am which gives me a bit of sleep.

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay I can keep them 'until they are better'

Few questions though.. the diarrhoea is still there.. but lessened a great deal.
They still mess the bed a little, like they had been doing before, but before, that was combined with also having diarrhoea after every single feed.
I only am getting what seems to be 'leakage' out of them now.

Good? Sign of diarrhoea fading?

Also there looked to be seed type things in 1 kittens faeces.. I don't know if that is normal/good/bad so can anyone enlighten me?

They are much stronger now, back to the way they were in their first week with me

When I got them back there was just weak meowling and scrabbles at the box.. now it's MMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
and making darn good attempts at getting out of the box.