Time for a bit of Awww... :)

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the weekend, Genever was sleeping on the sofa, and Dorothy decided to join her. There was some tension at first, but then Genever decided she'd rather nap than move or chase off Dot.

And G-cat says "OK, enough with the camera now! It's hard enough trying to sleep with this lady right here, I don't need you playing paparazzi too!"

And then that night, Genever was snuggled under the blanket (she stole it from me somehow!), and Dot jumped up between her and me.

What are you doing, woman???

Sigh. I guess the new cat is here to stay...

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww bless, glad to see Genever is coming round to her new house mate, I'm sure they'll be firm friends in no time.xx

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that's cute! That's great that they are to that point already. Walter SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo wants to be friends with Nora and to snuggle with her, but she still isn't quite ready for that yet. He can get close, but if he touches her she gets pissy, jumps up, and runs away. The other night they were sitting on the same chair, but there was about a foot between them. Walter had this sweet defeated look on his face. Poor guy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's usually the case with our 2. It seems like Dorothy wants to be friends, and Genever's just not quite sure about it yet. But she's a million times better than a week ago. No more hissing at all. And they chase each other a lot, it seems like playing, not agreesion. Yay! (well, not yay when it's the middle of the night on top or and under the bed in circles..
)

I just cannot wait for a true snuggle pile!!

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great pictures!
I love Genever's "Enough with the camera" face!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great pics of your beautiful girls.
Glad the intros are going so well!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the compliments! I'm not sure that Genever actually likes Dot yet, but she is certainly tolerating her. And they do play/chase sometimes, so it's like maybe G-cat doesn't want to admit that she likes her yet.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Your intros went remarkably well. Abby still hisses at Spencer and Katie if they get too close, and won't let either of them lay near her.
She'll probably mellow out toward the kittens over time. I wonder how Genever would've done with a kitten? Dorothy is some years older than Genever, who is 3. And sometimes Dorothy is the dominating one during the play sessions... It's interesting to watch.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great that they are getting along, and able to lay next to each other

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
AWWWW! That is wonderful! Dot and Genever make such a cute pair of buddies!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hooray for G-cat and Dot!! How wonderful that they're learning to live together in harmony (at least some of the time).

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww indeed!! Love the progression in the photos of them getting closer... or rather of Dot getting closer to G-cat
BTW, Genever has beautiful eyes

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww!!!
I love how the butt touching comes first, and then a tentative turn-around, so that Dot is facing Genever. So sweet!! Dorothy is obviously going to make her presence known!