=Tiki= Pedastal

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a parent, I can see a difference between the two threads. Was the complainer a parent? Just curious.

Because that old one is about something my child / teenager might have other contact with, and it is limited by editors, sensors, actual content of the article or show. Actually, I think the original post about sex and cuddling would be rather important to discuss with young folk when they are first discovering their sexuality, but that's an individual choice. And I do hate "The Man Show" too, but I would discuss that with my daughter, why it's degrading and what it is that makes me mad etc. Because all that stuff is out there in our general culture. (Unrelated question, 87% of men are thinking of someone else, but how many women are? And would a man be as offended if his wife did that as a woman is when her husband does?)

But I think there is a tendency to try to explain too much about what one is doing when the cat is staring. After all, it's interesting and kind of fun to talk about! I don't mean to imply that people here have no restraint, just that adults say things to each other that kids don't need to know about. I tend to think that if kids aren't ready for it, either they won't understand it or they won't be interested, but I don't have a 10-year-old or a teen, so I could be wrong.

Plus, frankly, as the membership grows, there is more likely to be someone who is bothered or offended, so size has a downside too.

----------

Nite, you can't blame your cat for being curious! She's probably trying to figure out what you're doing! I don't think queens are very cooperative so I'm sure she's confused (at least, none of our females ever seemed to happy about the whole thing).

Now we have cats who attack feet, which can be disruptive!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quote from Nitecrwlr...

About 1/3 of the threads I start are deleted for one reason or another. I like many of the people here but don't agree with the censorship by the moderators. I realize that I am a guest here so I will quit my complaining and spend my time where my views are more welcome. No hard feelings

Nitecrwlr, I have never ever deleted a thread, or post you have made, so I am unsure who has, or why?? But I am sorry you feel this way. We like you alot here, and your posts are always really interesting to me, and I hope you don't feel like you can't post your feelings here. I am sorry you feel this way. I for one am glad you are a member, and value your opinions greatly. It is nice to have male members here, and get there point of veiw on things...we need that. Please accept my apology if you have been offended, although, like I said, I have never personally deleted anything of yours. I think all the mods try really hard to do the right thing, and none of them are doing it to single anyone out, or offend anyone. Please don't stop posting here!!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Nitecrwlr

I don't mind if the cat is in the room but it drives me nuts when she STARES the entire time and NEVER blinks once!
Hey, Nite, it's not the staring, it's more that mine have chosen that exact moment to want some attention.......

I do have a funny accompanying story about a friend and his girlfriend's dog in the room, but the board is rated "G". Perhaps a PM.....

jojo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, I thought I was the only one who got nervous when my cat Dani was watching. It was such an intense stare. She won, I blinked first
Dani also played with his toes, he said he didn't mind
Thought Dani had a foot fetish or something

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cagney pays no attention, Lily on the other hand attacks feet...day or night, covered or uncovered, so Scott shuts her out of the bedroom until we're ready to sleep, then she's allowed back in.
(sometimes she's put out again in the morning though!)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
A clarification:

The rules regarding the more adult oriented posts have been changed along the way, so if you search you are bound to find some racier threads that were posted in the past but will not be allowed from now on.

The reason for that is that we do now have younger members and we need to keep the boards kid friendly. Also, I am bound by contract not to have any sexually explicit or adult oriented material on the site. If I break this rule, the whole site can get shut down without warning. That's why it's a moderated forum and I appreciated the hard work the mods are doing, helping me keep track on things.

Please understand that I do not like to censor threads or posts, but we have no choice and this is the way the forum is run. Please help us by taking controversial issues to PMs or emails.

Nitecrwlr, us mods discuss deleted threads among ourselves and no one deletes threads without giving the matter thought and discussing it with the other mods. I am only aware of another thread that you started that we've had to delete. Out of 150 posts, that's hardly a third
Please email or PM me if there are others I am not aware of that you'd like to discuss.

I do hope you stick around - I do enjoy your posts and especially the beautiful Tiki pictures! No one here is passing judgement on your views or choice of topics. They're great discussion matter for adults, but they just can't be discussed here. Sorry!