Tiki Pate Sardine and Mackerel Alternative (I am lost!)

thevintageowl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

I have a very picky 16 year old cat named Lucy. She is FINALLY recovering from dental extractions she had back on March 16. I didn't think she would ever get better and pretty much had her funeral planned. It was awful stressful but she pulled through and is eating on her own with no appetite stimulant.

My issue: her absolute favorite food is the Tiki Cat Pate Sardines and Mackerel and suddenly I CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE! Every vendor online and here in town is out of stock. I can't find anything with a comparable soft texture and she turns her nose up to other things I try (besides turkey kitten food but she won't even eat all of that). Has anyone seen anything comparable texture wise? My next try is Blue Tastefuls but I wanted to check here as I know so many have picky cats!

THANK YOU!

Astragal14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thevintageowl thevintageowl I completely share your frustration! And I am so happy that Lucy is doing better, it's great she's eating without an appetite stimulant. She sounds a lot like one of my picky cats, she loves the Tiki Cat pate varieties and especially the mackerel and sardines. Here are a few others, some are liked by my picky cat, some are not 😹

Petco has a pate variety pack but it doesn't have the mackerel and sardine flavor, and the texture doesn't seem as smooth, but it says it's pate.
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/tiki-cat-luau-pate-variety-pack-wet-cat-food

Have you tried the Tiki Cat mousse flavors? These are hit or miss with my cat. But they seem to be in stock in several places.
TIKI CAT Velvet Mousse Variety Pack Grain-Free Wet Cat Food, 2.8-oz pouch, case of 12 - Chewy.com

This is a different texture, but my picky cat LOOOOVES this one, mackerel with sweet potatoes from Almo Nature. She doesn't like the chunks of sweet potatoes so I take them out, which is super easy. They have lots of flavors and it's been trial and error because she's been very unpredictable with what she likes and doesn't like from this brand. And be sure to buy the "complete" varieties - they sell toppers and snacks with the same label and same cans, it can be easy to confuse them with a complete meal.
ALMO NATURE HQS Complete Mackerel Recipe with Sweet Potatoes Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 2.47-oz, case of 12 - Chewy.com

Weruva also has some pates and they look identical to the Tiki Cat pates, but we've tried several flavors and she hasn't liked a single one. Maybe you'll have better luck!
WERUVA Classic Cat Press Your Lunch! Chicken Pate Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz can, case of 8 - Chewy.com
WERUVA Slide N' Serve Jeopurrdy Licious Chicken Dinner Pate Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 2.8-oz pouch, case of 12 - Chewy.com
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...pertime-sweepstakes-variety-pack-wet-cat-food

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

I have a very picky 16 year old cat named Lucy. She is FINALLY recovering from dental extractions she had back on March 16. I didn't think she would ever get better and pretty much had her funeral planned. It was awful stressful but she pulled through and is eating on her own with no appetite stimulant.

My issue: her absolute favorite food is the Tiki Cat Pate Sardines and Mackerel and suddenly I CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE! Every vendor online and here in town is out of stock. I can't find anything with a comparable soft texture and she turns her nose up to other things I try (besides turkey kitten food but she won't even eat all of that). Has anyone seen anything comparable texture wise? My next try is Blue Tastefuls but I wanted to check here as I know so many have picky cats!

THANK YOU!
4if you live where I do I'd give you the 2 6 oz cans I plan on donating. My cats don't like it