tiki cat the black spots........

gattopazzo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently had some issues with two cats who had diarrhea. I don't know that it is related to the black spots in the Tiki Food but here is what the company told me.

They are always looking for ways to improve their formulas so they added this chealated something in order to allow for greater absortion of vitamins. They have responded to concerns from the public and have removed them and reformulated effective April 1, 2015. There is however a 3 yr shelf life on the food so the old food with the black spots are still being shipped.

I only know that my experience was that my cats were doing great on this food until we encounterd the black spots. They had chronic diarrhea which has disappeared after 3 weeks of a prescription food (uhg Hills). The company sent me the newere formula and they seem fine. I am erring on the side of caution and not feeding them just Tiki Cat. Way too much money for such an experience with sick cats.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Interesting. thanks for the. 

Hopefully your furkids have made a full recovery.

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the heads' up.  I just ordered a pack of Tiki Cat and I'll make sure to rotate it with the other foods I'm feeding my kittens and keep an eye out for any black spots.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the heads' up.  I just ordered a pack of Tiki Cat and I'll make sure to rotate it with the other foods I'm feeding my kittens and keep an eye out for any black spots.
We've had a can or two with the black spots, too, and had no problem... but cats' digestion can be difficult to figure out! Good luck!

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some with black spots too. I actually didn't even notice it until i read this post. No issues with tho kittens are eating it just fine with no side effects. 

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's good to hear.  I need to rotate my Tiki Cat with the others anyways because the variety pack only comes with the fish flavours.