Tigger attacks boy at Disneyworld!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

You would be surprised how hard it is to sue them and get anything.
a couple of years ago My Youngest Daughter her DH and Grandson went to Disneyland they have yearly passes, it had been raining a bit earlier in the day, and My daughter slipped and feel down on her Knee, scraped it up a bit so they went to first aid to get it cleaned out, and didn't really think to much about it until about a week later her knee started swelling up and getting really red well she went to the Dr and they said more then likely she had gotten an infection from perhaps the mat from the water and people walking on it.
Well Long story short, she ended up in the Hospital with a terrible staff infection that required vigorous care, she was there like 4 or 5 days, He DH got ah old of DL and told them and basically they were't intending to do much of anything, so My SIL talked to a couple of attorneys and they pretty much wouldn't touch it, told him that's a hard one to get anything from.
Finally she was rembursed for many expensive prescriptons and they gave them $2,000 and yearly passes. They didnt have to pay the hospital or the time off work for my SIN. All the stress of being in the Hospital let also the expense.
She actually came home with IVs and someone to come and ck her knee and leg because it kept spreading, they said she could have lost her leg.
But My Daughter and SIL are not really the kind of people that would cause a stink so they were ok with it.
I don't think I would have sued for that. It was wet outside, kids fall. Everyone takes a mistep every now and then. I don't think that it's right to make them responsible for our own mistakes.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

It definitely looks like an accident to me. If you've ever been inside one of those costumes like that you know it's almost impossible to see anything. And the heads make you really top heavy. I think he was just trying to catch his balance and accidentally hit him.
Somewhere I heard the costumes were 40 lbs or so. I remember this cause at one point Disney World was thinking about adding A/C to the costumes but that was going to make them 70 lbs

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

It definitely looks like an accident to me. If you've ever been inside one of those costumes like that you know it's almost impossible to see anything. And the heads make you really top heavy. I think he was just trying to catch his balance and accidentally hit him.
I agree- those costumes are heavy and its not always easy to see! My main point would be that it would be nigh on impossible to hit someone hard in one of those costumes due to the padding and that kid didn't even have the slightest bruise anyway.

Free the Tigger One!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe our local news station. Channel 4 CBS is the one who hosted that article as the kid was from NH. Channel 7 NBC here disgusted me in how they portrayed this story. I didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing but I saw the preview in which they show the video. The only thing is that they show the video slowed down to make it look more dramatic, and when you slow it down it actually looks like he punched him hard. I sure hope they didn't show it that way in the actual story.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I don't think I would have sued for that. It was wet outside, kids fall. Everyone takes a mistep every now and then. I don't think that it's right to make them responsible for our own mistakes.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's all about the benjamins.. You can so totally tell they were goofin around, and then it looks like he about feel when he was trying to get in the picture with this brat..

The kid looked like he was being drug into this whole mess by that interview.. He's gonna get some major teasing over it.. Tigger kickin his butt... Whatever people are stupid.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's a short article about what happened:

Father: Costumed 'Tigger' Hit My Son

By Associated Press

Sun Jan 7, 8:01 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. - A Walt Disney World employee dressed as the character "Tigger" was accused of hitting a child while posing for a photo, a spokeswoman for the theme park said Saturday.

Park officials temporarily suspended Michael J. Fedelem while they investigate the accusations, Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said.

"Naturally, physical altercations between cast members and guests are not tolerated," Suarez said.

Jerry Monaco of New Hampshire videotaped his son, Jerry Jr., posing with the costumed character at Disney-MGM Studios on Friday and recorded the confrontation, according to a statement from the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The father said Fedelem intentionally hit his son "on or about the head," said sheriff's spokesman Carlos M. Padilla. "The tape only shows a fraction of what happened. Now it's up to us to find out what led up to that."

A message left by The Associated Press for Monaco was not immediately returned. A telephone listing for Fedelem could not be located.

In 2004 a Walt Disney World employee dressed as Tigger was accused of touching the breast of a 13-year-old girl while she posed with him for a photo. A jury found the man not guilty.