Tigger (again)

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Basically to recap: I thought she was getting asthma, vet checked her over and thinks she just had a hairball, on friday she went back into the vet cause she was throwing up, that has settled again, however she is only having tiny amounts of food at a time. She normally loves the food I've tried tempting her with, but that one she's only been having tiny amounts of it at a time (every hour she is going back to get a little tiny bit more food), she is wanting to eat but she can't seem to handle having more than a couple of bites of food at a time. She's acting normally again, apart from hiding at meds time (which I think she's basically trying to avoid having the meds cause they don't taste nice in her mouth)

Any suggestions from anyone for how I can get more food into her?

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Basically to recap: I thought she was getting asthma, vet checked her over and thinks she just had a hairball, on friday she went back into the vet cause she was throwing up, that has settled again, however she is only having tiny amounts of food at a time. She normally loves the food I've tried tempting her with, but that one she's only been having tiny amounts of it at a time (every hour she is going back to get a little tiny bit more food), she is wanting to eat but she can't seem to handle having more than a couple of bites of food at a time. She's acting normally again, apart from hiding at meds time (which I think she's basically trying to avoid having the meds cause they don't taste nice in her mouth)

Any suggestions from anyone for how I can get more food into her?
I am so sorry she is not with you any more, she is a beautiful cat ♥ I hope I am reading it right seeing I am posting this comment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Shes still with me, just need to figure out how to get a normal amount of food into her consistently

Although this morning she did manage half a tin of gourmet pate which is the most she has been able to tolerate since friday

Have my eye on her in case it doesnt stay down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Losing her is my biggest fear tbh :(

My other girl cat Willow is currently sulking, all is not well in her territory she says cause they have new flat plates for christmas cause Tiggers struggled with bowls for a long time and gets on better with flat plates similar to the ones we humans use to eat from, so Willows hiding in case the new plate with her breakfast on decides to get up and chase her to eat her as its breakfast haha

Willow will cautious approach it once she is convinced its not a carnivore haha

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Unless there is a bigger issue, let her eat at her own pace right now - she may be still feeling some effects from whatever caused her to throw up in the first place. If her eating doesn't soon pick back up to what is normal for her, call the vet and let them know. It may be that she will need an appetite stimulant for a while to help her get back to eating what is a normal amount for her.