Tiger Ranch Raided For Animal Cruelty

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alyssa

Sounds like some folks here only visited a while ago or only saw the sanitized areas. I'm going to go with the government on this -that';s what they are paid to do.
Nope, she gave tours over the whole facility. I have given tours over the whole facility, except for the sick room. No shelter will generally let you into their sick room because more germs and illness can be tracked in and out to cats who are already compromised.

I don't expect anyone to suddenly agree with me, I am not expecting to change anyone's mind. I have been there many many times and apparently so has Misty Fox and we both have very different opinions. So whatever. I have said all I can say. I keep trying not to reply, but I just can't stop lol. I will continue to support Lin. I will continue to support Tiger Ranch and I do hope that someday in the future, it will be up and running again. Maybe someone should just put a limit on how many cats she can take in. Maybe she should be a little pickier and continue to ONLY take in the sick and ferals so they can live out their days. That is the purpose of a U]sanctuary[/u].

And I did always here 300 acres, but I might have misheard 30. I don't know about that one. It WAS on the side of a small mountain or a large hill. That whole area is hilly and beautiful. You only need 1 acre per horse, at least where I live because I always wanted one growing up and we have just under 1 acre. The road was a residential one, but it was a dead end and very secluded, set back on the road. I had a heck of a time finding it the first time back when they were open on Monday as well.

misty fox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

And I did always here 300 acres, but I might have misheard 30. I don't know about that one. It WAS on the side of a small mountain or a large hill. That whole area is hilly and beautiful. You only need 1 acre per horse, at least where I live because I always wanted one growing up and we have just under 1 acre. The road was a residential one, but it was a dead end and very secluded, set back on the road. I had a heck of a time finding it the first time back when they were open on Monday as well.
I respect your opinion Jen
and understand you have what is best for the animals in your heart.

It said on the site it was three hundred acers, it is twentynine.Her tax records are public, anyone can look this info up on the net.

You may only need an acre per horse for zoning what you need to maintain health is quite another story. Horses are grazing animals, it is essential for them to keep their gut moving, when the gut stops, colic, the number one cause of equine death can happen. A single horse will turn a grassy acre to mud or dirt, depending on the season, in a very short time.

Two acres are the minium of pasture any matrue horse should have, five is ideal. Rotation is important , as grass is only as good as the ground it is grown on, as is hay and oats.

Even with two acres perhorse, she would have needed sixteen, and most of the property, as I stated was too steep for grazing anyway. That is with proper pasture rotation, and an excellent grade of hay and feed.The average cost to keep a horse at home is around onehundered and twentyfive dollars a month. Times eight that alone is a grand a month, and that is on the cheap side. That does not allow for a good worming rotation, spring and fall shots, a farrier at least every two months. ( The condition those horses feet in were horrid ) Let alone any emergency situation that may arise, and the Vet bills that follow. Twelve thousand dollars a year in the barest horse care alone. Just breaking this down for those who do not keep horses or have any idea of what they cost. Then the dogs, then the many many sick cats, the math of this situation boggles my mind.

Jen, if you come in for the trail, you are welcome to come meet my horse.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I will continue to support Lin. I will continue to support Tiger Ranch and I do hope that someday in the future, it will be up and running again. Maybe someone should just put a limit on how many cats she can take in. Maybe she should be a little pickier and continue to ONLY take in the sick and ferals so they can live out their days. That is the purpose of a U]sanctuary[/u].
You and me both, Jen.
You and me both.
A little off topic, but I was out today so I bought a card to send to Lin Marie to show my support and that she's in my Prayers.
I'm not sure if she'll remember me, but I mentioned my friend ( who she knows very well ) in the card, and told her where we met that should jog her memory.
Even if she doesn't remember me, I'm sure the card showing support will help lift her spirits if only a little.

tabbytail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
http://kdka.com/local/Animal.friends....2.681213.html

Please look at the videos where Lin tells her side of the story. This woman does not deserve to be treated like a criminal. What she really needed was for someone to help her with her problems BEFORE she got into trouble like this. Turning her in behind her back was the worst thing that could have been done to her and the cats. I don't think the cats should be taken away, they should be left in familiar surroundings. The poor things must be terribly traumatized by the 'raid' and being hauled away and put in cages. Did anyone ever think of that? The best thing to do would be to help her clean up and fix the things that are wrong and let the ranch continue. A lot of rescuers who visited there said it was nice. It can be a great place with the right backing. Instead of condemning this woman like a criminal, how about helping her? If anyone has any assistence to give the cats, why not do it right there on the ranch? I think that's a good compromise.

One rescue group who dropped off cats only a week before the raid didn't see any problems. I have not seen any video or pictures of any 'atrocities' like we usually see in cases like this, have you? This is a very fixable situation.

tabbytail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Yep, watched it already. Is that ALL you are going on? Is that the famous video that brought Tiger Ranch down?
I agree. Usually in situations you hear about, there are extreme conditions, feces on the floor, dead and rotting corpses left on the floor, filth, etc. I've seen horrid pictures from other places. I don't see that here.

Those are the sick cats that are in the main building attached to the office. Those are the ones who are under constant medicating, constant care, and being treated or cared for. That is the purpose of that room.If you walked into the shelter I work at and walked into ISO you would see some very sick cats with goopy eyes, sneezy snot all over the place, diarrhea, vomit. That is WHY IT IS CALLED ISO.
Exactly. She was treating them. It's like she said, there are sick people in hospitals, too, in various conditions, but they don't deserve to die. They can be treated if anyone cares.

I have never been there, but I have heard good reports from visitors.

If Lin is being accused of intentionally leaving the cats to die, or intentional cruelty, she should be vindicated because that is not what she did.

Remember too that her death rate was 12%, and most pounds have a 70% - 95% kill rate and most of those they kill are healthy! I have seen pictures of dead previously healthy cats and dogs in trash cans after being put down or killed in gas chambers by legal pounds across the country. Why are they not arrested for 'animal cruelty?' It seems like most animal organizations don't seem to care if cats die, so why is this woman so bad for at least trying to save them?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At this time I am going to lock this thread as there are strong feelings on both sides of the fence for this case. We have heard testimony from visitors who saw this and saw that or didn't see this or that. It seems that the conversation is going around in circles and before it gets too heated I am stopping it. We all will have to wait for the results of Linda Bruno's trial.

Let's all keep the animals seized from Tiger Ranch in our thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.