Tiger is having to go to the vets tomorrow

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is off her food again, she was there on the 8th Sept for the same reason, so I think they might want to do tests this time, as he did say last time if she wasn't better over the weekend, to bring her back for blood tests. Please keep your fingers crossed for her, I really dont know how I would cope if he thinks this is serious - I am used to cat illnesses, but this is rather soon after Ginger!! She is 13, which is a bit of a worry, and has been a tad more temperamental than normal.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Precious Tiger....many hugs & prayers that this is something simple.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope everything is OK, lots of good health vibes coming her way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, hardly been able to get off the phone since we came back!! Well, the poor old thing had a temp of 104!! I was glad it was winter, as she sunk her teeth in and has punctured and bruised my skin through my denim jacket!! No sign of any teeth issues, so he gave her two jabs, and said they would keep her overnight - if her eating is fine, then hopefully they wont need to do anything more, but if it isn't, they are going to consider blood tests and xrays, but it really all depends on what happens overnight - still dont have a good feeling about it all though. He said he may be able to detect a slight murmur, but wasn't sure, so he will recheck that in the morning - he also said they may test for FIV/FeLV, so I made it clear I didn't want an in house test doing, I would rather pay for the Glasgow one if it costs more than the in house one. So we still need vibes, and obv need to find out why she has such a high temp. And they are shutting early tomorrow, so it looks like I wont be picking her up till Sat.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no...poor Tiger.

That fever is very worrisome.
I will be sending healing thoughts and prayers for your sweet girl.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, it is a bit worrying - I just hope it is an 'unknown infection' and that it isn't due to anything more serious. Tiger is one of my fosters, so I do hope that she recovers from this and can find a wonderful furever home.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor sweet Tiger!

I hope that it's nothing more than an infection and it'll clear up soon!
She has been through so much lately - with her move from her long term home and her cage going, it could be stress related?

Sending continued Health and Healing }}}VIBES{{{ her way and lots of
to you

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am not a happy bunny tonight, I need a couple of things confirming before I see the vet tomorrow so that I dont have a go at them for soemthign that they were right to do. They didn't feed her until this afternoon, as apparently she needed to be pre starved for her FIV/FeLV test, and they didn't want to do any other tests until this one had come back - which will be in about a weeks time, as she isn't sending it off until Mon so that isn't good in my opinion either. she can come home tomorrow morning though, and I have spoken to the rescue who have agreed with me that there is no point in isolating her until they come back - if she has either, she either already had it, or has caught it from one of mine (none are tested, not something I see a need to do)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending nothing serious vibes to you and her ...

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor Tiger, and how stressful for you. Hope there's nothing serious wrong.

That doesn't sound good re not sending the blood off til Monday. When I booked Jaffa in for his blood tests they made a big thing of it having to be a morning appointment so that they could get it sent off the same day as they didn't like having to keep blood samples overnight. Maybe it doesnt matter for FIV/FeLV testing.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does make a difference with the organ tests, but obviously not with the FIV/FeLV - it better not anyway!!