Tiger Cookie, my new stray

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tiger Cookie is beautiful!

She reminds me a bit of my Ginger Cookie, who was also a stray when another TCS member took her in. Ginger was a bag of bones too, as she had been living on the streets. She'd been mooching her meals from the neighborhood, and trash cans when she could.
But she went from this, her first night at the Kitty Fairy's house in Ohio

to this, checking out the Christmas tree, a little over a year after coming home to Colorado:

I'm sure that Tiger Cookie will fill out and be just as beautiful and loved as my Ginger Cookie is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeamy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my, Ginger Cookie is beautiful! It sort of amazes me; she and TC are both Calicos, probably born around the same time, and have such similar stories. Ginger Cookie looks so good in that second picture. I wonder what could be in that tree to catch her attention like that?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jeamy

Oh my, Ginger Cookie is beautiful! It sort of amazes me; she and TC are both Calicos, probably born around the same time, and have such similar stories. Ginger Cookie looks so good in that second picture. I wonder what could be in that tree to catch her attention like that?
You don't see too many kitties with a "middle" name of Cookie!
But when I saw her picture, she really melted my heart, just like my Ginger Cookie.
Tiger Cookie will fill out to be a truly beautiful girl - she's in the right place to do it! Someplace with lotsa food and even more love. She looks like such a sweet little thing, just like Ginger. Like no matter what they went through on the street, they haven't lost their faith in the power of kindness and love.

Actually, there wasn't anything in the tree (yet). She was just sniffing the heck out of it since it was the first real Christmas tree she had ever seen inside!
I think she was also sizing it up to see if she could climb it.

jeamy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I certainly wouldn't have chosen the name she has on my own. Cookie certainly wouldn't have been her middle name if it were left up to me.

She's out in the house now; things are going way to easily. The other cats are watching her closely, but there is no hissing or fighting, thank goodness! I've some more pictures, but I need to edit them and upload them, and my nephew (including the one who 'gave' her too me) are coming to spend the night, so I probably won't get to it until tomorrow.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But it will be very sweet for her to spend time with the boy who assisted so much in her rescue.

Funny, it was the children who rescued her (Eileen's nieces and nephews) who gave her the name Ginger Cookie.
It stuck! I tell her that we call her Cookie because she's so sweet.

jeamy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are some new pics of TC. She's out in the house now, and getting along pretty well with everyone.

I bought this cube for the cats a couple days before TC showed up. None of them would use it! I guess I must of known, somehow, that she was coming, because she loves it.

Just a basic pic of TC enjoying the furniture.

Paisley deciding whether or not TC should stay...

My nephew with TC.
Made them sit down so I could take this.

orltwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for welcoming her into a great home! I'm so thankful I haven't had any strays wander up to my door. I'm not sure what I'd do!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jeamy

My nephew with TC.
Made them sit down so I could take this.
What a cute little boy! You can see the sweetness in his face and just looooooves the kitty!