Tidy Cats Breeze litter box- Anyone use?

jjl61886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was curious if anyone uses the Breeze litter system? I am thinking of changing to this for the kittens I have remaining. I love the crystal litter, but it can get expensive (especially when I was fostering 6 kittens. I was changing this twice a week because of the urine). It may not be as bad now since I have half as many cats.

How is the Breeze system for multiple cats?

Is there less maintenance?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the Breeze boxes. They work really well for my cats. I do keep one regular box because my cats didn't like when I had all Breeze boxes. The Breeze boxes are a lot easier/cleaner to deal with and less smelly. I do have to change the pads pretty often since I have multiple cats though. Most litters I've tried either did not work well or my cats had allergic reactions to them (they have a lot of allergy issues) so I really like the Breeze boxes because they are clean, no tracking and don't bother my cats allergies.

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure about multiple cats; however we do use the Breeze box.  I switched him over by sprinkling a very small handful of the old litter into the Breeze box (and I did keep the old box for about 4 days just in case) so the smell stayed familiar.  With each cleaning or change of the Breeze I used less and less of the old litter.  Probably didn't need to at all with him, but that's how it's stated on the box to transition them.

I totally agree with Nekochan that it is way less smelly than the old litter box.  With one male cat, I change the pee pad about every 4 days and I purchase all the supplies in bulk from various online retailers when I find it all on sale.  Walmart also generally carries all of the supplies.

lo-botomy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use this box! I originally had just one, but bought a second one in case...not sure if I needed it, but they actively use both (I have two kittens.)

I didn't have to transition them, they started using it immediately when I adopted them.

I do find however, that the recommended amount of litter is not enough. I use two bags instead of one at a time, and I find it makes a HUGE difference in the cleanliness of the box (and the poo smell.) One bag just wasn't enough for them to properly bury their poop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jjl61886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since the kittens are only 19 weeks, they won't have as hard a time switching? I figure they will take to it immediately, but you never know I suppose.

jjl61886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I use this box! I originally had just one, but bought a second one in case...not sure if I needed it, but they actively use both (I have two kittens.)

I didn't have to transition them, they started using it immediately when I adopted them.

I do find however, that the recommended amount of litter is not enough. I use two bags instead of one at a time, and I find it makes a HUGE difference in the cleanliness of the box (and the poo smell.) One bag just wasn't enough for them to properly bury their poop.
Does the urine have a hard time going through more litter? I didn't know if using more litter would cause a problem or not.

lo-botomy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kittens just started using it immediately. The breeze website has information to help people transition their cats, too! But they're young so it should be easy.

The pee goes right through. They're ceramic basically--so it's the same as if they peed on a pile of marbles. It slides right through to the pee pad underneath. I've never once smelled urine. :) But I did smell poop really bad until I used double the litter.

jjl61886

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a spay surgery scheduled at Banfield next Tuesday. I am going to purchase one when I go to see if I like it. I have a $7.00 off coupon so I hope they are on sale at Petsmart.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use about 1 1/2 bags of the pellets each time as I've also found one bag wasn't really enough to cover.

I had no problems switching my cats, I just put down the new box and they used it with no problem. I've switched their litter a lot of times when I was trying to find something they were not allergic to and I never had to transition them slowly, I guess my cats are not picky about it.

I have all Breeze boxes now, except for one box that I use walnut litter with because they are happier if they have one regular box upstairs in addition to the Breeze ones. For some reason in the upstairs boxes, they prefer to pee in the box with the walnut litter upstairs and poop in the Breeze boxes, even though they do both in the downstairs box.  For a while I had all Breeze boxes but they are happier with one "regular" box. I don't like it because even though the walnut litter is better than others I've tried, it does have more odor than the Breeze boxes and they track it while the Breeze doesn't track. But if they're happy I'm happy.

bonilaur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat uses the breeze box and litter.  It is much easier to clean and smells a lot better than regular litter.  When I change litter about every 20 days or so

I wipe box down with Lysol wipes and refill.  It is more expensive but much cleaner.  My cat used it right away also.

inka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So after reading this and the other threads, I got one of these boxes from Chewy.

You are right, it doesn't smell, except right after a hard delivery has been dropped off, and which is easy to remove.

I did as suggested here, used 2 bags with pellets, and sprinkled some of the litter from one of our regular boxes over the pellets.

The cats took to it immediately. All 3.

I think Sissi is most happy with this box, she will smell the old box, then the Breeze next to, and she goes to the pellets.

The other 2 mostly pee in the Breeze, and go to the regular litter with heavy duty.

Replaced the pad after 3 days, looks like it has been used many times, a good sign.

Today I took away the old box on the main floor, after 3 days, and waiting to see what happens. Will bring it back prompt and take it slower if they hold themselves from using the pellets, or if they eliminate outside the box.

They still have regular litter upstairs and out on the porch. If it goes well, would love to replace all of the boxes, the difference is stunning.

Thanks for all the useful info here, have also emergency pellets ready in case of runny stool, thanks to your posts 

Last edited:

primecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat liked the Breeze litter system until shortly after we moved, which was odd. He started going outside the box and I couldn't get him to go back in it. After watching him walking around in it, it looked like the pellets were uncomfortable to walk on. I switched to Dr. Elsey's cat attract litter which got him going back in the box.

tnrfci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a feral cat rescue and work with a lot of sick, injured and disabled cats and kittens (the kittens in the photos are disabled - the little tabby is a dwarf kitten with one eye and the black kitten has Swimmer's Syndrome which limits use of his back legs).  This litter system is simply amazing when it comes to cleanliness and hygiene.  Disabled cats can now easily use a litter box and not make a mess : )

I have one recent modification using Sweet PDZ granules (sold on Amazon and at Tractor Supply) in the tray instead of the Breeze Pads.  Sweet PDZ is the same mineral Zeolite used in the Breeze Pellets.  I've also used Silica Litter Crystals in the tray.  Both work equally well, but the Sweet PDZ is cheaper ($9.99 for 25 lbs).  The urine in the tray clumps dried out and the smell is neutralized, I just scoop it out and add some more PDZ granules.