Tidy Cat Breeze litter box ???

mickde09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,  I like the fact of this box having high sides, as my cat flinges litter all over, I don't think she would go for the pellets so I'm sure I could use regular clumping litter ????? I am going to gradually switch to Dr. Elsey's brand, hopefully less DUST than Tidy cat  small spaces ( very dusty) I quess I overthink theses things LOL thanks

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use the Breeze system but I do use wood pellets in a purpose designed sieve tray. Using clumping litter wouldn't work with mine and I can't see it would in the Breeze either since the top tray has holes for the pee to go through, using clumping litter would clog that up and be hard to clean.

If high sides are what you're after you can use large plastic storage containers instead of a regular litter tray. 

flafred

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can't use regular clumping litter with the Tidy Cat Breeze. The litter would fall through the bottom and onto the puppy pad underneath. I adopted my cat from a humane society and he was using a regular pan box with clumping litter and he had no problem switching to the pellets. I will warn you though that the pellets are kind of pricey ($8 a pack at petsmart) and the pack doesn't last a month like they say it does. The box works great for my one cat though, and I'd highly recommend it. Make sure you change the puppy pad every 4-5 days to not upset your cat with the urine smell. Humans may not be able to smell it, but your cat can. Hope this helps.