Tick! Dad opposed to going to vet

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

]is Biospot dangerous? Fosters & Smith sells it, & i've used it with no discernable problems...[/size]

That's the other thing - often the meds you buy on-line and over-the-counter are not very effective. We went through all that when we had a flea infestation before we were educated here at this site - nothing would kill those little suckers. Finally got an exterminator - mind you our infestation was pretty heavy and they loved the old shag rugs.

Our 2 now get a Revolution treatment once per month from April through November - I don't know if they feel better for it, but we certainly do.
I have to chime in and agree. that why I get it from the vet. Flea bites hurt

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

next time you see a tick, if you smother it in vasoline it will suffocate, drop off and die.
Vets advise against that method, as the tick will release virus-laden saliva into the bite wound during its death throes. The same goes for glue and oil.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

I used it once and it didn't do a thing (health wise or flea wise). Now I only stick with the main 3.
well, i had success with it getting rid of the fleas, but mine are indoor only cats. they only needed it because Cable brought a few with her that i didn't manage to get rid of with the flea bath. also, one summer they were really bad outside, & some got inside - probably riding on my pants. so for occasional problems it worked fine. i don't know about indoor/outdoor cats, tho - they would probably need something stronger or more effective.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After removal, be sure to clean the area with rubbing alcohol to sterilize the area!

Stephanie