Thursdays Question of the Day 11/29/12

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Whoops, it's Thursday already? Wow, time is flying!

I went rummaging in my parents attic over the weekend and I uncovered quite a few of my old childhood toys. They really brought back memories, and I had a hard time letting my nieces keep them! 

What was your favorite childhood toy? one that you play with most often, one that meant the most to you?

My Little Ponies from the 80's were my favorites.. and had been for so many years. Even now, if I see them at a garage sale, I have to buy them!

here's Applejack (not the original Applejack, but same family)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the feedback. Report another imagePlease report the offOkay, now your making me feel old.
 I was in high school in the 80's!  I'm trying to remember what my favorite was when I was little.

I think I have to say the Light Bright. I couldn't wait to finish what ever design on there I was doing, so I could turn off the lights & look at it in the dark. I also used to like the Spirograph. (sp?) 

Last edited by a moderator:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l had one Breyer horse, and an Action Girl doll to ride it (l was never into dolls).

l had lots of farm sets and a ton of animals.

l got a new chemistry set every year too (oh the things l did with those!).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, now your making me feel old. :lol3:  I was in high school in the 80's! 
Me too! I also liked Spirograph, but I can't remember any toy that was a particular favorite. I did like my Barbies though. :lol3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorites changed over the years.  I loved Littlest Petshop and Polly Pockets; but I think I was an older kid when those came out.  I guess the one that stuck around the longest was my dollhouse my Grandpa made me.  It's at my Mom's for safekeeping now; but someday I'll bring it here.  It was pretty awesome to me; wallpapered, carpets, electric lights and my Gram made the curtains and bedding. Grandpa made some of the furniture...like the beds and things.  My Grandparents are pretty awesome.  

Thank you for the feedback. Report another imagePlease report the offOkay, now your making me feel old.
 I was in high school in the 80's!  I'm trying to remember what my favorite was when I was little.

I think I have to say the Light Bright. I couldn't wait to finish what ever design on there I was doing, so I could turn off the lights & look at it in the dark. I also used to like the Spirograph. (sp?) 
I grew up in the 80s and I liked those too.  I think they still have both of them out!  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh dear lord, I grew up in the late 50s/early 60a (a far, far cry from the 80s!).

I remember one year, my sister and I each got a Susie Smart doll. A fairly large doll, that could talk. She had a desk.

We each got an Easy Bake oven and I actually used mine quite a bit.

My sister got Skipper, Barbie's little sister. I got Tammy's little sister, Pepper. Anybody remember the song: Who swung on the fence and couldn't get down? Tammy's little sister Pepper!" I don't remember the rest of the lyrics.

My favorite toys, though? Always books. I loved to read. Made my parents crazy.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear lord, I grew up in the late 50s/early 60a (a far, far cry from the 80s!).

I remember one year, my sister and I each got a Susie Smart doll. A fairly large doll, that could talk. She had a desk.

We each got an Easy Bake oven and I actually used mine quite a bit.

My sister got Skipper, Barbie's little sister. I got Tammy's little sister, Pepper. Anybody remember the song: Who swung on the fence and couldn't get down? Tammy's little sister Pepper!" I don't remember the rest of the lyrics.

My favorite toys, though? Always books. I loved to read. Made my parents crazy.
I grew up in the 70's. (I'm 43)  I remember a doll I had that ironed etc..
 I don't think they'd dare put out a doll like that now! I also had a doll that gave kisses. You would squeeze her arm & it created suction from her mouth.

The Easy Back oven was the one that I always wanted, but never got.

Last edited:

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 30 years old, I have been on my own since, 16. Yes, I was an emancipated minor. Anyway, I never had many toys. But, I still have seven of them. These are my favorites, since, I have had them almost 14 years.

Anyway, I am posting some pics:

Yes, I know, not very realistic plastic domestic cats
These, are from the Bronx Zoo. When, I was younger, I would go as often as possible. In the background is a Siberian Tiger, the foreground, is a Cheetah and Snow Leopard.

See, I have always liked domestic and exotic cats

Last edited: