Thursdays Question of the Day 10.18.12

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I came home from work, and literally spent 2 hours straight playing on my Gameboy 3DS (Pokemon!) It's so addicting and a fun way to unwind from a long day.

My question to you is.. what sort of games do you like? Board games? Video games? Name of the games?

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l used to be completely addicted to an online RPG called Evony. lt was so bad, l would get up an hour earlier for work so l could get my "men" fed so l could start building more. And l'd fly home from work so they wouldn't starve, lol. 

Now l don't play any games, l don't have any game Apps on my phone, no computer games.

l play Trivial Pursuit board game whenever there's a gang who's interested, and we played Adverteasing recently - that was fun.

Last edited:

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play a lot of solitaire and mahjong on the DSi XL, and today (how timely is that?) after I finish my work, I'm starting the 3D version of Ocarina of Time.  I've played all the Zelda games before but not the 3D version so I'm looking forward to that.

The only board game I play is Scrabble, but only because my husband is a fan but he's too good and always leaves me in the dust. I like sudoku but don't know if that's really a game, more like a process.

Adventure games are my favorite, not shooting games, so I'll play those on the Wii or Xbox. I've never really played any computer games, but all we have are MacBooks around here, seems the games are always on the consoles. I'm pretty sure I'll get the new Animal Crossing, I don't know why that game is so fun and relaxing!

I'm a kind of hyper person so video games force me to sit down and rest, they are also very good when I'm sick it helps me forget for a while how crappy I'm feeling. 

Last edited:

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At one time, my absolute favourite Nintendo game was Bomberman - could play that for hours and hours. After the old NES died, I am 'stuck' with assorted games on line or games that I have purchased. I do have a daily list of games that I play - This Day in Rock History at shockwave.com and I am trying to get through the last levels of 4 Elements at the same site. Also play a couple of games at Neopets and Spigo. Current off line addiction - Luxor: Amun Rising. Also play Mah Jong and some card games off line.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not big on computer games or Nintendo games. I love to play board games!! Scrabble and Sorry are my all time favorites. I also love to play chess. :D

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None. I'm just not a game person at all. Unless it's playing with Angel, of course!
  Which usually involves me crawling around on my hands & knees,

saying, "where did your ball, mouse, etc.. go?" 
 "Don't worry, mommy will find it!"

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to play board games and card games all the time when I was younger.  For a while I would play on Pogo, I like some of those games, and I did have a little addiction to angry birds for a few weeks.  But I get bored pretty quick.  I'll play solitaire or some such if I'm on yahoo with someone and don't feel like doing anything else.  Never got into nintendo or any of that.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Board games. Monopoly was always my favorite. Rick and I play Scrabble, but we play for blood and it can get really ugly sometimes. I also love to play Canasta (card game), although I can't find anybody to play with me anymore. My Dad taught me how to play Canasta when I was a young child and I think I only ever beat him once.....he didn't let me win either and I don't think he was amused. Our son and I used to spend an entire Saturday night playing Canasta; we would stay up the entire night and then go to McD's for breakfast. But sometimes that got ugly, too, because he played for blood and we always ended up arguing over something. It got so bad one night, around 2:00 in the morning, that we awakened Rick; he stomped out to the kitchen and took our cards! Our son was really frustrated that time bc he was winning.

As for video games, we had Super Nintendo and our son and I would play games often when we came home from working second shift at 11 at night. At the time, he was dating a lovely Japanese girl and we had a lot of Japanese games. She would visit with us and she'd have to read us the information because none of us could read Japanese. I remember that we had a Japanese version of Tetris which was a lot of fun. He was more into the action-type games, of course, but I liked the more common stuff.

I have all the Angry Birds on my phone (so does Rick), although we haven't played them for awhile now (I understand that Angry Birds is coming out with a Star Wars version around the beginning of November). I have Bubbleshooters on my phone, too, as well as a couple word games that I like. I also have all the Angry Birds on my Nook as well as some word games.

Last edited: