Thursday Daily Thread

raggiemom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AAAAAAAAAAARRRG....

i think i'm going to pull my hair out! as some of you know from the night owl thread, my in-laws sent me a VERY nasty email on the 30th and ganged up on me. i sent a reply 3 days ago and up until that time heard NOTHING back. now, the grandma who was part of the coalition that wrote that email replied to me telling me that email is not the appropriate place to discuss "this topic" and that they WILL ALL be glad to talk to me when we get back home. GREAT...SO THEN THEY CAN GANG UP ON US IN PERSON: AGAIN.

my mother is already of the opinion that if such a thing is going to occur, then my family should also be represented. because they're as sick of this BS as i am.

my life, is a talk show.

LOL...sorry, i had to talk to SOMEONE about this!!!

anyone else have some aggrevating/amusing in-law stories?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by RaggieMom
anyone else have some aggrevating/amusing in-law stories?
ohhh don't get me started on my mother in law. She is the MIL from hell. I cannot even begin to tell you what she has done. Sadly, they are not even amusing, something you would see in a Lifetime movie.

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
RaggieMom, do you have the option of just having nothing to do with them? I have members of my family that drive me crazy - I pretty much just stay away from then unless absolutely necessary...

raggiemom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i want it to be that way, but until DH can finally tell them to leave him alone, they'll always be there. he had threatened it right after he deployed, but mommy got to him first and has been working one of her infamous guilt trips on him.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Momofmany
I got DSL
I got DSL
I got DSL
I got DSL
I got DSL
I got DSL
I got DSL

No more sleeping when I hit SEND

Can you tell I'm excited by this?!?!?!
That is so cool! I'm happy for you! I have cable broadband and absolutely love it! Now I can't even think about going back to dial up!

Today has been a day of phone calls and paper work. YUCK! It's been a little warmer here today and it didn't snow. First day in probably close to a week! They announced officially that several of the ski resorts are opening this weekend 3-6 weeks early. That will be good for Utah's economy!

You have to go read my "Hallie Gained!" Thread. I'm very excited!

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blah morning...

cold...actually stayed 49 all day in our area...but not cold enough for a fire, at least not yet

bland chicken soup, pita bread with yogurt and now cooking chicken tikka in oven to throw on the grill for semi-dinner meal to eat with paratha...hopefully I can choke that down and keep it in me

got my dreamcatcher book, plan on reading it soon when son permits me to

nausea groan....ick

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The home just called and Mike's mom had a choking episode and went unconscious. They resusitated her (although she is DNR) and she went to the Emergency room for a check up. The nurse said she just got a bed pan flung at her, so Mom must be doing okay......Mike wonders why they revived her when she was DNR- I think that when it comes to someone feeding her and putting to much food in her mouth at one time (she is blind and cannot feed herself) then they would be open for a lawsuit? I don't know though.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
The home just called and Mike's mom had a choking episode and went unconscious. They resusitated her (although she is DNR) and she went to the Emergency room for a check up. The nurse said she just got a bed pan flung at her, so Mom must be doing okay......Mike wonders why they revived her when she was DNR- I think that when it comes to someone feeding her and putting to much food in her mouth at one time (she is blind and cannot feed herself) then they would be open for a lawsuit? I don't know though.
Your guestimate could be true. Also I wonder what they call "resusitating her"? Did they just to heimlich? Cuz that would be appropriate on a dnr.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been a fine day.
It has been warm today, after the couple of days cold. Tomorrow its supposed to be 61F!

Tonight I went to see David Attenborough. He is visiting Iceland because his new book is out today in Icelandi, and he is signing the book and giving this one lecture. I was so crowded, it was like the day before Christmas, and actually it was all full, but I didn´t go away, but was gonna stay for a while outside, and then luckily someone went out the door, and I and a few other managed to get in!
As for the signing of the book after the lecture, the line was all the way to China, so I skipt it this time, and am gonna go to the bookstore he will be signing tomorrow, and be there early.
I just LOVE this mans work, this tv programs are just so amazing, and it was so amazing to be able to go and see his lecture.
I was supposed to be at the dyslexic course, but hey, thats twice a week, David Attenborough isn´t!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Have been cooking food all day, sadly I'm the type of person that likes just one or two bites os something and then needs something else.

Watched a bit of TV. But my main task of the day was bathing Muffin. 3 hours prep. applying whitner etc etc. Then I had to bath her, she's a white so she was quite dirty and then dry/brush/powder!

Took a few before/during and after pics so might post them later- I also need to do some excerise today. Hope everyones having a nice day.

From Sam, Daughter of Chef, yet NOT following in fathers footsteps!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I slept until the alarm went off, this morning. Actually, I got up at 5, to potty and went back to bed. Buddy spent last night on my feet. No problem, with that but, when I came back from the bathroom, he was stretched out in MY spot! I know - he was just keeping it warm for me, right?

Work wasn't too onerous. Even the 1 1/2 hr training session wasn't bad.

Bill insisted that we go to Famous Sam's for dinner - best pastrami sandwiches in town. They're half-pounders so, Bill brings half home, for his lunch.

Rowdy is getting cranked up, for Sunday's full moon. In addition, there's a total lunar eclipse, Saturday night. Opie has spent the day, in the laundry room. I had a basket of clean clothes, that I had forgotten to put away. Had to defuzz the black jeans, that were in there, as Opie left a generous deposit on them.

raggiemom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL..it's one of my kittens "half birthday" today...so it wasn't all cranky inlaws
i posted pics of him if anyone wants to check him out.