Thrift Stores

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup I do most of my clothes shopping at thrift stores. I get some nice dishes there as well.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My mom and sister are positively addicted to thrift stores, and have gotten some really nice furniture, dishes, etc., there. We have very few in my area, though there's a new one in my town that just sells second-hand furniture, so now I can easily buy old upholstered chairs for Jamie to sharpen his claws on. Our town has a huge open-air flea market once a year, though, and I've gotten books, pyrex dishes, cutlery, etc., there.
There's a really interesting one in the next town, that Cindy would love - it has all kinds of things for twins (baby carriages, strollers, bikes, clothes). People can buy or barter there.

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I buy most of my work clothes at thrift stores, because my job is kind of hard on clothes, and new clothes would get ruined too soon. But I find a lot of casual shirts and slacks there, too. I like to browse thru the electronic junk and tools, also. It's a guy thing, I guess.
A major aircraft manufacturer in the area operates a surplus store south of here, where they sell alot of their cast off tools and equipment. My computer and monitor came from there, under $200.00.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love thrift stores. My cat club, the Wellington Cat Club held a thrift store at the local flea market today and we made $200 in just under three hours.