Three Week Old Kitten Won't Poop

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

akagalaxy1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The one eye is not looking good. Unfortunately, he may not be able to see out of it. You may want to get a second opinion from a different vet on the prognosis and whether a different medicine might help.

You should not put the terramycin directly on his eye, but rather wipe it across the closed eyelid. Also, do not touch the eyeball with cotton or anything else.

How is the kitten doing otherwise?
Sorry for the late reply. Otherwise he is doing pretty good. He has a good appetite, and he gained over an ounce in 24 hours. He now weighs 11.4 ounces. He seems to still be slightly constipated, because he often strains when having a bowl movement. However, it has greatly improved since my first post. I still give him a drop of olive oil in every other feeding. He ate his first solid food, (kitten patte mixed with formula), eagerly.

I will follow your suggestions for the eye. For clarification, the correct application of Terramycin is in the lower eyelid, so when he blinks it covers the eye? I was planning to take him for a second opinion Monday if the eye isn't significantly better. He was prescribed Terramycin on the 17th, so it has only been used for five days. I can tell there has been some improvement, even though it is slight. Here is a picture of his eyes taken twelve hours after the last one. I believe the big eye is less swollen.

Attachments