Three little kittens and their new litterbox

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure do hope someone shares my sense of humor

Background: Over in the Care & Grooming forum, I am wailing and gnashing my teeth over my awful litter situation. Combining several different suggestions, I got a big Sterilite bin, transformed it into a top-loader, picked up a different litter, and dumped 40 pounds of it into the box. So far, so good!

I introduced the kittens to the new box and several hours later they have all used it, which is great! I cleaned up the old boxes (I am going to leave one out with new litter just in case) and set up the bathroom again and decided to take another pic for the thread.
Here is a virtual flipbook of about 30 seconds in my life with three kittens under 6 months:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Your babies are a hoot! And Joni is fitting right in with the boys, isn't she? Love your box idea!
(And we may have to use it, too, as we have a kitty who loves to pee out over everything. It makes an incredible mess sometimes and this would be a purrrrrfect solution!!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
Yes, Joni is one of the gang and is actually picking up some of Garfunkel's bad habits
She is a princess for sure! But then she puts that beautiful black velvet mask up against my cheek and I just melt

I thought these pictures were so funny because I took them all in under 30 seconds - just goes to show you how hyper and wiggly the kittens are!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How nice of you to give them their own bathroom

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So playful and fun to watch crew, your kitties are so adorable.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVE that idea for the litter box. I have litter all over the floor, Kairi loves to play as well as poop in the litter.

3 young cats in a bathroom=barrel of monkeys!!

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have never thought to put the hole in the top! You will have to let us know if it continues to work. You may have just created the new way to do cat litter!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone else had mentioned the plastic tub idea quite awhile ago and I thought it was brilliant,so I have been using the tubs now and it's wonderful!I don't use scoopable,just the regular clay....one bag does 2 tubs.At least that's what I do.Very easy to take them outside periodically and hose them out,give a good scrub.....they clean up really well.I saw one similar at Petsmart...more fancy of course but the same principle,for quite a bit more than the $4.97 I've paid.I have yet to have anybody refuse to use them....and I have doxies,too,and they can't get in them either...an added bonus!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lizzie

Someone else had mentioned the plastic tub idea quite awhile ago and I thought it was brilliant,so I have been using the tubs now and it's wonderful!I don't use scoopable,just the regular clay....one bag does 2 tubs.At least that's what I do.Very easy to take them outside periodically and hose them out,give a good scrub.....they clean up really well.I saw one similar at Petsmart...more fancy of course but the same principle,for quite a bit more than the $4.97 I've paid.I have yet to have anybody refuse to use them....and I have doxies,too,and they can't get in them either...an added bonus!
Just curious...what are doxies....besides in the Harry Potter books?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I know this was directed at someone else but Doxies are Dachshunds. It's just a variation on the name... like Tortie for Tortoiseshell kitties. My aunt had them. Wonderful dogs.
Oh Hahahaha! I get it. Duh!