three is a charm?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only had two cats, Katie and Gracie, for many years, then fell in love with and adorable, yet very timid, 6-month-old gray/white male kitten that no one else seemed to want. Enter Peter. Although he drove my older girls nuts, they accepted him without too much fuss. What really surprised me was how quickly Katie took to Pete, despite an 11-year age difference. Gracie's still not thrilled with him (but she's not thrilled with other cats period), but they definitely have a "big sister, little brother" kind of relationship. I would have happily left it at three cats, but when Claire (who's Pete's littermate) lost her owner unexpectedly, adopting her was absolutely the right decision. She and Pete were happily reunited and are so sweet together.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 is the number for me!

Fiona was my first and is the witchy girl that keeps my two boys in line.
She was lonely (no one to lord it over
) so i got ReeRee, telling my reluctant roomate it was for Fiona when it was a great excuse for me to have another kitt.

They were content but I wanted another. I needed my love bug, my lap cat. Rocko was 9 years old and needed a lap.
My roommate at this point new resistance was futile.
He was a great match because he had contact with other cats at the shelter and they said he was super mellow. My other two are high strung so he was a perfect compliment. He enjoys their company but really loves his person (me!
)

3 are so much fun because the dynamics really change and everyday something interesting is going on.

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit strange - I have OCPD (a bit different than OCD), I don't like odd numbers. So I had to get 2 more to add to my 2! So far 3 are getting along fine, but the older girl is warming up.

I'm sure that with time 3 will be a blessing!