Thoughts on what dad may have looked like?

lauraloulouie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mom is a spotted tabby with some red on her. We've got three ginger boys and a spotted tabby girl. Is it probable that he was a brown tabby too?

IMG_7109.JPG

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cute little family!

All we really know is that he wasn't ginger (or the female would be torbie) and didn't have a lot of white spotting (probably none, since the kittens don't have any white). He could have been solid black or a dark tabby.

Honestly I don't see any ginger on the mom at this angle. I would have been surprised by the ginger babies, lol. Unless it's more obvious on her other side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauraloulouie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's another photo. She's got sort of a ruddy/creamy color to her in addition to the tabby markings but I'm not sure if that counts as 'red' or not!

IMG_7002.JPG

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All we really know is that he wasn't ginger (or the female would be torbie) and didn't have a lot of white spotting (probably none, since the kittens don't have any white). He could have been solid black or a dark tabby.
Agreed that we can rule out red / ginger and "high white." Also probably not solid white. In addition to solid black or brown tabby, dad could have also been solid blue, blue tabby, any kind of colorpoint, etc. He could also have been either shorthaired or longhaired.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's got sort of a ruddy/creamy color to her in addition to the tabby markings but I'm not sure if that counts as 'red' or not!
It must, because she has red babies! It's just not very obvious. But, yeah, I think I can see a couple red spots in that picture.