Thoughts On Solid Gold?

applemommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've read some responses on here about Solid Gold but the general consensus is undecided? A lot of you have really great eyes for nutrition. I want to give my kittys the best and this has been on my mind for a few weeks now. I've been feeding my cats Solid Gold Indigo Moon Chicken & Egg and so far they've been doing well on it. My cats are still kittens so I leave dry food out all the time because I don't ever want them to feel hungry and I feed wet twice a day rotating between Wellness/Instinct/Weruva/TikiCat. I was thinking about actually switching the Solid Gold to a better brand. I know Solid Gold is not bad but its not the best and I was thinking about maybe Rawz dry? or Origin/Acana/Fromm (although I've heard mixed reviews about these three)? Does anyone know any other really good brands of dry food? Thanks!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Not sure what "really good" is these days ... ? So difficult to know . HERE is what I have fed my "kids ` :winkcat:" the last few weeks . Only 9 ingredients ! Amazing ...
They also have a grain-free version as well .
Notice it states : No Ingredients From China

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That’s a dog food so I hope that’s not what you’re feeding them.

Solid gold can be good. A little fish heavy and carb heavy for me. My cats also didn’t like it. I prefer natures variety raw boost if you’re looking for something in a similar price range.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite dry food is the Dr. Elseys chicken. Its what i feed my guys. The only other one i give my inside cats is a little of the Farmina now and again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

applemommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am seriously consideering dr elseys clean protein but is it good for kittens too? I cant decide between Rawz and dr elseys

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing bad to say about Rawz, but that it has peas and tapioca, more carbs than i want. Dr. Elseys has no peas or tapioca, and very low carbs. Dr. Elseys is what i feed my guys, i am a fan :)

They should both be fine for a kitten as they are complete and balanced. For all cats. I have not used Rawz dry so i cannot speak to the size of the kibble. Dr. Elseys is a smaller sized kibble, which is good for a kitten. I think either one you decide would be good.