Thoughts and Prayers needed....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister was sleeping when my grandma called 911.. she doens't know anything other than she saw mum on an oxygen mask.

The hospital called while I was getting my grandpas prescirption.. she's doing good, and they are understaffed.. they might be sending her home tonight.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad things are looking better.
I'm still praying for your mom, and for your peace of mind!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My uncle left work early, went and picked her up and dropped her off.

She's okay... short of breath still though. I'd rather they have kept her until she was a bit better.. but as long as she's okay I'm happy.
Awaiting the drug store to drop off a crapload of meds for her, again. (prednisone, and the thingies that go into the ventilator thing machine.
)

I am in the process of vacuuming everything on the main floor. Cat hair may be an issue. I vacuumed literally everything... down to the couch cushions. I think it alsomay be because we've been leaving the windows open, and anything that comes inside may be bothering her chest as well.

I'll be sleeping on the couch down here tonight, just incase she needs me for anything.

Thanks guys for everything.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh heck just coming to this ..........glad your mom is home now, hopefully she will have a good rest being back in her own place

I know its not the same but my DH has asthma problems, so I'm constantly hoovering, but I also damp dust things too - that stops alot of the hair etc flying about - its harder work but it sure helps his chest - just a thought

Take care all

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so mad.

The hospital lied, they did not send her home because they were understaffed. They sent her home because of the cats.

The paramedics saw the cats and were sure they were the only problem. My mum told them that they were not a problem, as she went 6 years without any animals and still was in the hospital regularily. The paramedic then asked her if she had an allergy test done before..and she told him yes. he asked what she was allergic to, and she told him to look outside.
We back off onto a ravine, lots of weeds and the like out there.
He then proceeded to tell her that it wasn't spring yet that the weeds weren't an issue, that it was for sure the cats.

So anyway, at the hospital, the paramedics then told the DR that it was the cats... no doubt about it. THE DR then told her that the cats were going to have to go.
She told them that the cats were not an issue, and said again that she ahs gone long periods of time with no animals, that it was the same.

So they wrote her a few scripts and sent her home.

She told the DR and Paramedic that they were lucky that I wasn't there and didn't get there before they left. She said I would have hurt someone.
I wouldn't have physically hurt anybody.. but I can be pretty verbal when I'm mad.

But I am extremely mad over this. The cats may be a small problem.. but they are defiantly not the main cause of this.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have every right to be
!!! I wish you had been there & given the paramedics & dr a piece of your mind!

I just hope your mom gets better soon.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Leto I just saw this thread!

That's ridiculous! How can they make an assumption it is the cats, when she is sitting there saying this was the way it was when there were not any around?

And is that good health care to just make wild assumptions and discharge patients?
I'm mad with you sweetie! Please keep us posted.
I'm sending prayers and hugs your way to you and your mom.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd be furious too. What an ignorant assumption. Typical - see some cats and jump to conclusions. Of course they must be right and your mum just waffling.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, sweety, I know exactly how you feel! My allergies have been just horrendous the past week, and my mom keeps blaming the cats.
Never mind that when I'm allergic to cats, its swelling throat/shortness of breath symptoms that my boys don't give me.

Well, I hope you guys find someone that will listen and not just make assumptions. Its certainly warm enough down here for the plants and flowers to be blooming like crazy, so I wouldn't doubt it for you too. Continued vibes and prayers for your mom!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said it was also the weather.. because it had been raining, and that seems to bother her a bit.

The paramedic had also mentioned the dogs to the DR, even though he never mentioned them to my mum before.. and my mum said, "One of them is HAIRLESS."
But they didn't make the same hub bub about the dogs as they did the cats.

Yeah.. years and years ago mum had a really bad attack. Sent her to the ER one night. My grandparents came to stay with us.. I was only about 8 or 9 at that time.. and I woke up the next morning to my dog gone, and one of my cats.

But that wasn't the problem, and I lost two of my babies because of someone wild assumption.

Thanks guys.

She's doing alot better now than she was when she came home this afternoon. she says it's because she's been talking, that it helps clear it up. Sometimes it makes it worse, sometimes it's helps. Weird that way.

Anyway... thanks guys for everything.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your mom continues to improve.

That's horrible that she was discharged because they assumed it was "just the cats".