Thoughts About Rawz?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You butcher rabbits? That makes me sad.
Not everyone's a vegetarian. We're omnivores afterall. I don't want to hunt but I think it's totally fine to hunt if you're actually going to eat the meat.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
instead of dry for treats could freeze dried treats, things like chicken necks, wingtips, etc. its crunchy and great for their health. vital essence is great

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rawz is not raw and I believe it is a complete diet. I don't think probiotics are considered essential. Rawz has a growing line of wet, which they have expanded to include pate and shreds. I have had excellent luck with them. Ailish liked their original couple varieties until she decided that she didn't like any of the food she had been eating. Since my store has started stocking the shreds I have tried them and she has no problem cleaning her plate. My sister's cat, who was getting picky in her old age, would also eat Rawz pate when she would eat nothing else. YMMV. It seems like quality food to me.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not everyone's a vegetarian. We're omnivores afterall. I don't want to hunt but I think it's totally fine to hunt if you're actually going to eat the meat.
Agreed. I'm absolutely not a vegetarian, and I know that the cows, chickens, and pigs that I eat have to be slaughtered before they show up on my dinner plate. It's just different with rabbits. They're so cute and cuddly in a way that other animals (except cats) aren't. It's hard to imagine shooting a little bunny rabbit.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed. I'm absolutely not a vegetarian, and I know that the cows, chickens, and pigs that I eat have to be slaughtered before they show up on my dinner plate. It's just different with rabbits. They're so cute and cuddly in a way that other animals (except cats) aren't. It's hard to imagine shooting a little bunny rabbit.
I've never had rabbit, but I'd try it. But my cats enjoy rabbit regularly..I buy raw rabbit meat from hare today and grind some myself so I got used to thinking of rabbits as food too. I know they are really cute. But even regular farm animals like chicken, pigs and cows are adorable and endearing. I used to have chicken and I would rock my favorite hen to sleep. <3 My friend raised a calf growing up and said the cow was really friendly and smart like a dog. And pigs are even more intelligent than dogs. They're very emotional animals as well. There isn't really a good reason to eat one animal and not the other. It's just a cultural thing.