those with cat trees

lmgluvscats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend Armarkat. Ours has really held up to our 17 cats as they use it during their games of chase....and they run up over it and bounce off of it countless times....and they are not small!!! They have scratched the sisal off some of the poles (after over a year's use) and we were able to order replacements...that is a real plus, too. We went through 2 other kinds before this one, but Armarkat can't be beat....in our opinion.

delilah_blue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How sturdy are the Armarkat trees, as far as not tipping over? Some of the taller trees we've been looking at have quite large bases, and these Armarkat bases seem to be smaller, proportionately. I don't want my kitties (or my kids!) getting knocked out by a falling cat tree.

lmgluvscats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
From the ones that we have, in our experience with our "wild" cats, I would say that they are impossible to tip over. The bottoms are weighted. The tree itself weighs from 70-80 pounds...depending on style...but we have always gotten the 6 to 7 foot size. However, the bottoms are weighted even on the scratching posts, so they have a sturdy base.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love their cat tree! They sleep on it, play on it, and use it for a scratching post. I must have a good sturdy one it has never tipped over. As for the condo I have one of those to and learned placement is the most important. I suggest putting it in front of a window.

lmgluvscats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just got our new one today, and our cats were playing with it before we even got it put together. We had to keep chasing them away so we could complete it. We have ours by a big picture window so they can watch everything and everyone passing by can watch them.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
armarkat trees are great-bought one off ebay in january and my guys use it EVERYDAY usually a couple will be on the perches/cubbyholes. Also another option is checking big lots every so often-bought a 4 1/2 foot high by about 2x2 tree for 60 bucks. its great for a few cats. Also check into walmart-they have the kitty condos for $10-1 story, 20-2 story and 30 for 3 story...they also have basic trees but the quality has greatly gone down since the tree i bought in 2002...very wobbly now and carpet is crappy. Drsfostersmith.com also have trees no idea how they are but large selection.RJ

delilah_blue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback! I ordered an Armarkat tree today. It's larger than the tree we have now, so hopefully the kitties will no longer be jostling for prime perch position.

Laura, thanks for the link. I browsed your site, and I was really impressed with your cat trees as well.

Now I'm just hoping our new tree won't be too tough to put together! Although I'm starting to wonder if I really want to do this after all; I have a kitten sleeping on each shoulder right now - do I really want to give them a better place to sleep?

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The tree I got was easy to put together(except I was so happy I put one post in wrong slot but no biggie) the instructions are basic but adequate TIP!!!! put them away when you put it together they will try to jump it as your building it lol... my one cat came in room and just started at it then it hit him-ITS FOR ME TO PLAY ON!!!! RJ

delilah_blue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got my tracking number, and the new tree should be arriving on Monday. I'm so excited! I'm sure the kittens are going to love it.