This weeks questions: 05/01/05

yangdemei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Love this thread!

1. Your home.
A concrete box, like everyone else here! tiny by North american standards, think New York!

2. Where you live.
Yung He, a suburb of Taipei, Taiwan. It used to be listed as the most densely populated area in the world. Let's just say it's crowded, noisy, and dirty. But it's home.

3. Your job.
English teacher, love the kids but looking for a new challenge.

4. Your family, siblings, children, parents, etc.
Hubby and Mitts! Plus, mom, dad, stepmom, stepdad, brother, stepbro, stepsister, cousins/aunts/uncles galore but they're all in Ohio. Also the inlaws all in Australia. I love all of 'em.

5. Your favorite television show.
CSI vegas and Law and Order

6. Your kits favorite food.
anything.

7. Your best friend.
My hubby. He keeps me sane, calm, and laughing at the same time.

8. Growing up, where, etc.
I'm not sure I have
Ohio on Lake Erie.

9. you hair......color, length, style..
brown, halfway down my back, trying to grow that horrible "bangs" experiment.

10. your favorite vacation destination.
Love both Boracay in the Philippines and Bali, looking forward to going to Vietnam this summer.

11. peice of clothing....
anything black. and my sweats.

12. your favorite breed of kitty
anything found on the streets.

13. your jewelry that you wear.
I don't wear jewelry, not even my wedding band or engagement ring. But i like silver and white gold and have a few cool necklaces from Thailand.

14. your first date.
no idea!

15. your favorite author, if you have one.
Many, always changes, but love Toni Morrison, Irvine Welsh, Jane Smiley, and Ian Rankin.

16. the outside of your home.
concrete, dirt, concrete, dirt, people, concrete, people, dirt, repeat!

17. your favorite type of excersize.
do I have to? walking then....

18. your favorite type of flowers.
Not a big fan of flowers.

19. how you used to spend summer vacations as a kid from school
running around at the beach and playing baseball

20. if you have anything coming up this week that you'd like magic good vibses for...........

My hubby's brother is coming to live with us from Australia for 3 months. He arrives about now and I'm a little worried about having 3 grown adults in a VERY small apartment!

Thanks!

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

OMG! That is the best place in the world. My Granny and Pa live less than an hour away and every time i am up there we go a few times... I would really love to live up there... I really miss it. The best is Gatlinburg! I absolutley love everything about that area!
I grew up in Knoxville, and when I was bored I used to drive up through there to the top of the mountain and back. A friend of mine had a condo up there and we used to go in huge groups and paint the town. I loved the indoor putt putt and side-shows like the Ripleys museum
In high school, that was the place to go after Prom and/or graduation.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. Your home. We live in a 4bdr 2 storey detached brick house on a housing estate. It's relatively modern, 23 years old and we've lived here since it was built.

2. Where you live. Smallish market town right in the middle of England

3. Your job. I lecture law at a University

4. Your family, siblings, children, parents, etc. 1 brother - 3 years younger than me. Parents and 1 grandparent still living. No nieces and nephews from my side of the family but plenty from hubby's - most of my nieces and nephews are older than me

5. Your favorite television show. Don't really have a favourite TV show.

6. Your kits favorite food. Tippy and Adelaide eat anything that sits still long enough. Felicity loves Felix in Jelly. Lily only likes her Hills Science Diet Kitten food - although she has been known to lick the jelly off Fliss's food

7. Your best friend. My cousin who is the same age as me. We've lost touch a bit since I've been working and her children were born

8. Growing up, where, etc. I grew up in the next village to the town where I live now.

9. you hair......color, length, style.. Chestnut, shoulder length, layered slightly at the end.

10. your favorite vacation destination. the US
and Italy

11. peice of clothing....lovely skirt my daughter bought me for Christmas

12. your favorite breed of kitty I love our moggies, but if it had to be a specific breed it would have to be a Singapura

13. your jewelry that you wear. My wedding, engagement and eternity ring. My grandma's wedding ring. Earrings and watch.

14. your first date. the only first date I can remember is the one with hubby - we went to a wine tasting evening that he organised.

15. your favorite author, if you have one. Steven King - I'm developing a liking for Terry Pratchett too.

16. the outside of your home. Gardens front and rear.

17. your favorite type of excersize.
now I've heard of this word before - if i remember it had something to do with hard-work and pain
. I like walking and Pilates. I have been known to clamber onto the exercise bike occasionally - but I was put off after I grazed my knee on it!

18. your favorite type of flowers.I love them all. The favourite one in my garden at the moment is our Pulsatilla.

19. how you used to spend summer vacations as a kid from school reading, playing with friends just the usual really.

20. if you have anything coming up this week that you'd like magic good vibses for...........nothing comes to mind - plenty of vibes for anyone who needs them though.

HAVE A GREAT ONE WEEK EVERYONE!!
[/quote]you too Susie

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Happy May Day!! Hope all is well. Last week was the end of your questions that you all submitted, but this week I am going to use a suggestion that someove gave me. I think I've actually done this before, but let's do it again.

Tell us a little about ........
1. Your home. Frame fixer-upper bought from the in-laws. I've finally at least gotten it comfortably livable!

2. Where you live. On a very busy street (darn) on 5 acres outside of Birmingham, AL in a small community called Center Point.

3. Your job. Don't work outside of the home now. Mostly what I do is work ON the home LOL. My training was as a Data Entry Clerk, and I can still type about as fast as I can think.

4. Your family, siblings, children, parents, etc. I've got one older brother, and one older sister. Dad passed on about 10 years ago, Mom is 87 years young living in an assissted living facility close to my brother.

5. Your favorite television show. You may find this hard to believe, but we don't watch TV. The internet is our entertainment.

6. Your kits favorite food. Don't know yet, they're not old enough to come home.

7. Your best friend. That would be the husband figure

8. Growing up, where, etc. Actually grew up about 5 miles from here, which is very strange, as I met my (then future) husband in the "interim" when we lived waaaaay out in the country, about 35 miles from here.

9. you hair......color, length, style.. Color is reddish brown, add blonde streaks in the summer. Length is short after I finally got it hacked off last year after struggling with it for years. It was down just above my waist but absolutely refused to get any longer. The style is called "run a brush through it and hope for the best!"

10. your favorite vacation destination. Can't even remember the last time I've been on a "real" vacation. These days we love just going up the road a piece to Chattanooga and visiting my sister and brother-in-law.

11. piece of clothing.... Jeans!

12. your favorite breed of kitty MAINE COON!

13. your jewelry that you wear. Don't usually wear any, not even my wedding band, it bothers the heck out of me. I will occassionally put in some earrings, although at this point finding the holes can sometimes be painful, when I do I like sparkly drops.

14. your first date.I don't think I can remember that long ago!

15. your favorite author, if you have one. Terry Pratchett, hands down! Although lately I've been hitting Wodehouse rather hard also.

16. the outside of your home. I don't know whose idea it was to paint these cedar shingles ...

17. your favorite type of exercize.That's a dirty word ...

18. your favorite type of flowers. Roses, preferably the Old Garden type, although I don't know much about them.

19. how you used to spend summer vacations as a kid from school Reading, usually.

20. if you have anything coming up this week that you'd like magic good vibses for...........STICKING TO THIS DIET AND #@!@!! EXERCISE!!!

HAVE A GREAT ONE WEEK EVERYONE!!
[/color]

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Your home. right now I'm in between my house and my bf's house and we are trying to get a place together. So really I'm sort of homeless. But where I grew up is a beautiful white sided house with a huge wood deck surrounded by nature. It is very clean

2. Where you live. very depressed economically.. very "in the boonies" but really quite lovely. I have friends that can fish in their backyards.. and I can hike in mine..

3. Your job. Um. I do everything but everyone acts like I do nothing. nuff said

4. Your family, siblings, children, parents, etc. I have a very great but very kinda square family. Bordering on snobby and self important. But they mean well and are awesome.

5. Your favorite television show. does sex and the city even count now? Well that would be first.. and probably only

6. Your kits favorite food. anything wet

7. Your best friend. Well I consider bf my best friend because he's always there for me, but besides him my best friend is an amazing woman who sells herself short on everything.. but still keeps positive..

8. Growing up, where, etc.

9. you hair......color, length, style.. dyed blonde, above my shoulders, sorta bobbed

10. your favorite vacation destination. I would like to go somewhere with historical significance..

11. peice of clothing....

12. your favorite breed of kitty

13. your jewelry that you wear. I like cheap jewelry.. Like the kinda that comes in colors..

14. your first date.

15. your favorite author, if you have one. I think Robert Jordan for now

16. the outside of your home.

17. your favorite type of excersize. eating

18. your favorite type of flowers. white roses or tulips

19. how you used to spend summer vacations as a kid from school running around the yard, riding bikes, etc..

20. if you have anything coming up this week that you'd like magic good vibses for...........

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For everyone who posted "Gatlinburg" or "Pigeon Forge" as their favorite vacation destinations, I'm only 1 1/2 hours from there

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sooz123

I grew up in Knoxville, and when I was bored I used to drive up through there to the top of the mountain and back. A friend of mine had a condo up there and we used to go in huge groups and paint the town. I loved the indoor putt putt and side-shows like the Ripleys museum
In high school, that was the place to go after Prom and/or graduation.
That is where my granny and pa are... well, louisville/alcoa area...
the mountains are amazing though... another place we always stop is Townsend... there is the Little River Resturant who makes the best burgers and the best fudge in the world. I always buy a lot of souveneirs from them as well.

We went the Ripleys Aquarium, we didnt go to the museum... but it was still one of the most amazing things i have seen.

I have been trying to get my husband to come with my up there, he has never been in that part of the country... but everytime we plan a vacation, he gets deployed and i end up going by myself...
now pictures are great, but you really have to be there for the experience...

I was up there in January, and I went to the strip mall that is across from Belz Factory Outlet and there is a candle shop there... I had them make me two kitties out of wax and paint them like sara. I will never burn them, but they are sooo cute!