This Was RUDE!!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH!!! that last picture is awesome!!! - imagine that in black and white - you wouldnt know the difference
great great shot!!!

and I soooo love the sleeping ones - oh I love sleeping kitties

jakkies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Silly neighbours! In my opinion all kitties are show kitties, all of them are beautiful in their own way.

My Dexter-boy was half persian (according to the vet) and everyone was always asking if he was a show cat. My friend came in the one day and a lady was asking about that and she promptly said that his mane is not long enough and would not even be considered. I know that it was silly but I was offended at her for a while. I love him just the way he is but her tone of superiority was so annoying.

I wish now I had this forum to vent on at the time.
It is nice to be able to come to a place where people will let you vent and get all those emotions out in a place where you won't be judged for them.

louse76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of the idiot today that worked at Sam's club who tried to tell me how the clarity of any regular (CRT) monitor is higher than that of any LCD etc. I have learned to bite my tongue. He was an older guy and felt like he knew what he was talking about... And poor ol' me, knowing nothing on break from my job at TECH SUPPORT (not walmart), who has built two computers in the past week....

Anyhow, some people are just stupid. God created them that way, as he created your kitty's beautiful eyes!

fastdak

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww those kitties remind me of the one sitting on my lap suckling on the blanket on my legs

Originally Posted by Louse76

Reminds me of the idiot today that worked at Sam's club who tried to tell me how the clarity of any regular (CRT) monitor is higher than that of any LCD etc. I have learned to bite my tongue. He was an older guy and felt like he knew what he was talking about... And poor ol' me, knowing nothing on break from my job at TECH SUPPORT (not walmart), who has built two computers in the past week....

Anyhow, some people are just stupid. God created them that way, as he created your kitty's beautiful eyes!
Hahaha, welcome to my life

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I do tech work for a retail computer chain... I swear that 90% of the customers who come in feel that they are a "tech" and that they know more than me... Almost makes me wonder why I have a wall full of certificates above my bench... LOL

Here is a quote you might like, it was in an article I just read regarding Spyware...
"My first question, when something goes wrong on a computer or the network, is: What did you do right before the problem started? Ninety-nine percent of all computer problems are caused by what people did to their computers. But 99 percent of the people, 99 percent of the time, will insist that they did absolutely nothing odd or unusual before the computer died," said John Vitelle, a Chicago-based systems administrator.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh What a nasty piece of work that lady is- I've just learnt how to "ignore" people like that, course everyone knows me as the girl with those crazy brick wall cats.
Don't listen to her, your cat sounds beautiful! and very show worthy, and yes their is a section for desexed cats called the Premiership class. Showing cats is lots of fun.
I'd also love to see pictures of your girl as well.

Hugs!!!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
gayef, you're cats look more like classic style Siamese than traditional or appleheads, to me. I have one Siamese that is a classic style and one that is traditional. My Applehead has a really round face.

Appleheads are not deformed at all. In fact they are the original style of Siamese cats. Here is Shane, my traditional Applehead Siamese.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HOPEHACKER:OMG your cat is beautiful!!!

VINCENEILSGIRL:I said how i would be ticked off if anyone called by two deformed, and now i've seen an applehead they are gorgeous so i can well understand you blowing a gasket!!

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Isn't it funny how when our cats are "misbehaving" (as my Lexus did on the TV - she is NOT supposed to be up there, the brat) we run for our cameras first? *grin*
YEP!

I always liked the 'appleheaded' siamese but didn't know that was what they 'were' per se LOL! Ah, yeah like MOF said, don't get all grayed out, you be surprised when you have kids what people will say, 'oh your son looks skinny', 'your son lost weight', 'he's a bit dark looking', blah blah blah, it doesn't even phase me anymore because I'm too tired to care anymore to think why they feel it necessary to comment in such ways. After all God created him, not I, so feel proud of your furbabies, furless babies. It is unfortunate that people feel it necessary to mess with God's design and try to 'perfect' it. Who's to judge on what's perfect?

nan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!
I am so sorry you had a run in with a completely ignorant person.
I call people like that "know nothing...tell all" types.
I have had both apple headed and wedge headed Siamese(well they are/were half Siamese anyway)
I rescued 3 sisters, Mina, Starr, and ShilohRose 2 years ago.
Mina was an apple head and Starr and ShilohRose is/was wedge headed.
Starr is the only one still living. Mina and ShilohRose died last year.
All three of my girls are/were just gorgeous. No deformities there. They are perfect except for the different shape of their heads. I am proud to have been adopted by all of them.
I think your neighbor needs to go away and study up on things before she opens her mouth.
I am sure your sweet baby is just gorgeous too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vinceneilsgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

For those who have requested pics of old style Siamese cats ...

So sleepy ...

I'm too sexy for my fur ...

One of these things is NOT like the other ...

Gaye Flagg
Old Style Siamese Cattery
Ashland, Va
Yep, those are definately Appleheads! My Sagwa looks a bit like the babies in the first pic!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've had two Siamese, both of whom were traditional or "Applehead" Siamese. I find them much more attractive than the current standard, although I appreciate the fact that there are currently fewer Siamese purebreds with crossed eyes or kinked tails. I'm not a breeder and have never shown cats. While I don't want to insult those here who do, I find many of today's standards detrimental to the health of the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vinceneilsgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

We've had two Siamese, both of whom were traditional or "Applehead" Siamese. I find them much more attractive than the current standard, although I appreciate the fact that there are currently fewer Siamese purebreds with crossed eyes or kinked tails. I'm not a breeder and have never shown cats. While I don't want to insult those here who do, I find many of today's standards detrimental to the health of the cats.
What's a kinked tail?